You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm making a list of seventies films I've missed. I watched Marathon Man and All That Jazz for the first time a while back, and Roy Scheider was incredible. So much more to that guy than Jaws.

Marathon Man blew my mind first time I watched it. Just an amazing story. Easily one of the best films from the 70s.

Also watched American Graffiti. What hell happened to THAT George Lucas?

He was ruined by the success of Star Wars and the money from Star Wars toys. He stopped caring about anything else after that.

A real shame. He had a rough start in the business but was shaping up to be another Scorcese/Coppola. Hell...he came close to doing Apocalypse Now.

Star Wars ended all that potential.

Id like to see the alternate universe where they never green light Star Wars and he moves on from it to focus on other projects.

. Looking For Mr Goodbar

Now there's a movie I haven't seen mentioned in eons. That was one of my mom's favorite movies.

I haven't watched it in a long time neither.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've got Sorcerer on my list, also Obsession by De Palma and Fat City by John Huston and Saint Jack by Bogdonovich.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Machete is way cooler than I remembered. Myb i didnt even see the first and rented the sequel on redbox, i dunno. Barely remember it but wish i saw it in theaters.

Jessica Alba is terrible in it lol, almost a parody. I doubt its her voiceover and they constantly cut away every 3 seconds to a cutaway shot because she cant hold a scene. Made me realize how great Uma Thurman was in Pulp Fiction.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Machete is way cooler than I remembered. Myb i didnt even see the first and rented the sequel on redbox, i dunno. Barely remember it but wish i saw it in theaters.

Jessica Alba is terrible in it lol, almost a parody. I doubt its her voiceover and they constantly cut away every 3 seconds to a cutaway shot because she cant hold a scene. Made me realize how great Uma Thurman was in Pulp Fiction.

Jessica Alba is a really crappy actress.  The only movie she was in that I found semi-interesting was some horror film called The Eye.  Otherwise, she basically needs to be in only tv shows.

James

James wrote:

Songbird - The trailer made it look really good. A pandemic movie during the pandemic.

It's garbage. I barely made it through it.

Jessica Alba is a really crappy actress.  The only movie she was in that I found semi-interesting was some horror film called The Eye.  Otherwise, she basically needs to be in only tv shows.

I liked her those first couple years. I thought she might have potential but yeah....she's just eye candy. Actresses of her caliber are a dime a dozen but a few manage to break through the pack and get to the A list temporarily.

Then they drop back down.

I remember a couple years ago Chloe Moretz said when she was a teen, her agent kept getting her to constantly take every role thrown her away. Obviously this agent wanted to strike while the iron is hot and make a ton of money before she dropped down the totem pole.

Moretz was getting burned out and also risked overexposure. She smartened up and started getting more choosy with her projects.

I thought she had massive potential. I had her pegged as the next Natalie Portman. She's good but the past couple years show that she's not the next Amy Adams, Streep, etc.

She fell into the trap most stars fall into.... comfortable essentially playing the same person in every movie for huge paychecks.

Emma Roberts is in this same category.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Mank

I'll have to watch it again to fully digest it but it was great. Tons of gorgeous cinematography and a sharp script which both stands on its own and illuminates the story of Citizen Kane. Screw the MCU, I want the Corrupt Hollywood Explored cinematic universe.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sick of action flicks, but I might make an exception for this.
https://youtu.be/odM92ap8_c0

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The peanut butter falcon

About a kid with downs syndrome who wants to become a professional wrestler ... it stars Shia LaBeouf...but don't let that turn u off...its a pretty good movie

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Get Carter (2000)

It's a remake but this isn't bad at all.  Set in Seattle and that makes a big difference (original was set in London).  Makes it more calm, reflective, and serene weirdly enough.  There is some decent character work in between the car chase and Stallone fight scenes. The scenes w/Rachel Leigh Cook and Stallone were quite good actually.  I had good time watching this.  The problem I guess is comparing it to the Michael Caine 70s film which is FAR grittier and nasty.  But there's nothing wrong with this film at all.

James

James wrote:

Rachel Leigh Cook

Back then I thought she was going to be HUGE. Didn't happen.

Board footer