You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

PaSnow wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I remember Bono from HTGRH, Roses (which became this.

Was DTJ the attractive English lady?

Or was that SkynrdGirl?

Any chance Bono can come back?

I wonder what Jarmo does in the real world.

Whoa here today’s forum is gone? Yikes.

I was kind of pissed my favourite U2 site atu2.com is gone now too.

But here has been gone in my mind for a while when Jarmo banned people for not liking the band during the DJ days.

HTGTH is still up,  http://htgth.com/board/index.php

No idea about Jarmo. I would think something website or technology related. Would he have taken years off at the height of CD & just worked on HTGTH, I thought he went to quite a few of their shows, not sure if he came to the US/Hammerstein.

Skynyrdgirl is the one your probably thinking of.  DTJ is DoubleTalkingJive, who kinda helped found this site and was like a lead moderator, until about 07 or 08 I think. She was from NYC/Long Island, a few years older than most of us, probably 50 by now.

I think Bono came back 2 or 3 years ago, not sure he's still banned, just kinda doesn't post. Maybe he got banned a 4th time, j/k.  BBA (bring back adler) was pretty funny, I didn't have a huge problem with him, but the last time he was banned I recall he went out of his way to almost, but maybe I'm mixing that up with Bono.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I remember nesquick winding a lot of people up.

Who was BigBoss and Mysterion?

I used to love splat

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Our member Splat is BigBoss.

Mysteron was several people using the account.

I liked Splat too. I got banned for owning Chinese blues from here to Timbuktu.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Hopefully one day there will be a reason for people to come back, if not temporarily, if there’s a new album or the cd archives get released.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

So what exactly happened to SkynyrdGirl?

Hope these cats come back.

Oh the link on HTGH wasn’t working for some reason on the main page, but the one you just sent works.

AtariLegend wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Oh the link on HTGH wasn’t working for some reason on the main page, but the one you just sent works.

What was the username you were posting under at the time?

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

AtariLegend wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

What was the username you were posting under at the time?

I think it was Jimmer Jammer maybe. I had the kid in the hall as the nickname that Jarmo gave.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thats funny, pretty sure I remember that name, JimmerJammer

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I was looking through some old thread and I saw Olorin and Intercourse posting there.  Those are two guys who haven't posted in awhile.

Part of this is that this "band" releases nothing.  I mean even if you're an old band that does nothing but tour there's like live performances, rarities that you can always pull out of the catalog to entice and excite the fan base.  This band...crickets.

Add to that the combative/half assed approached in fan relations (cough...Fernando)  and this is why GNR forums die or are half dead.  I mean there's just nothing there if you're a fan of this band and care about the music.

AtariLegend wrote:

Olorin I think signed up again during the leaks with a new account, but didn't post again.

Unfortunately there's still server issues if you forget your password and need to reset. I had to email one of the admins after a spell of bring absent for a few years to login again.

I'm not saying that happened in Olorin's case, I'm just speculating.

Board footer