You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

By equal time Im talking about bringing back shows like Crossfire to replace the insanity that news is today.

Did you watch Crossfire back then? It had two hosts...one liberal, one conservative. They discussed one topic each day. They had two guests....one liberal, one conservative.

We need to make these news outlets go back to what they were in the 20th century. .
Just the facts....and a couple Crossfire type shows on each network.

It's time to go back to news being neutral. I should not know who the person giving me the news is voting for....and he/she should not be telling me what I'm supposed to think...or attempting to shame me for what I believe.

They also need to ditch the abrasive characters who intentionally stir the pot instead of giving us the news....

Rachel Maddow
Don Lemon
Chris Cuomo
Sean Hannity
Tucker Carlson

Throw these types on the ash heap of history.

Yeah, I loved Crossfire on CNN.  For some reason, I liked Novak more than Carlson though.  The problem is that these bomb throwers (on both sides) draw ratings and the networks don't really want to dump them.  So these people gain power through their pulpit.  This is what happens when entertainment and news get blurred.  The public loses.  I mean other countries have no issues devoting time to straight unbiased news.  Why can't this country do it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Shock G (Humpty Hump) of Digital Underground is dead. Damn, man, what an incredible talent. There would've been no 2Pac without him. Only 57.

OIP.KCIzaSBtWa_uwJPFchoncAHaE8?pid=ImgDet

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Bruce Jenner or whatever his/her name is now is running in California for governor or something? I'm not sure what this means...is everyone just assuming the governor will be getting recalled? I haven't been following.

If this is the beginning of Kardashians being involved in politics, that may be my last straw with the Democrats. I will have no political home.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

she’s running as a republican. The Kardashians are rich so they all are probably republicans.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

she’s running as a republican. The Kardashians are rich so they all are probably republicans.

I guess i just assumed bc no Republican will vote for a trans.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Bruce Jenner or whatever his/her name is now is running in California for governor or something? I'm not sure what this means...is everyone just assuming the governor will be getting recalled? I haven't been following.

If this is the beginning of Kardashians being involved in politics, that may be my last straw with the Democrats. I will have no political home.

This reminded me of this:

Caitlyn Jenner responds to being misgendered on "The View": "California has bigger issues than pronouns"

Pretty good response, imo.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This reminded me of this:

Caitlyn Jenner responds to being misgendered on "The View": "California has bigger issues than pronouns"

Pretty good response, imo.

Someone on the view said this about him or he said that about the view?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I have a feeling that if she were a Democrat you'd have no issue calling her a "her."

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I have a feeling that if she were a Democrat you'd have no issue calling her a "her."

That’s not the point. I thought she was a Democrat or only assumed she was bc of the rumors that Kim plans to run for president as a Democrat. I know all this crap bc my wife follows them.

I’m still confused about what was being conveyed. I just can’t remember what her name is and i refuse to research it.

I don’t care what she wants to be called. I’d call her a tree if that’s what she wanted.

Jenner isn’t motivated by the cause of the LGBT community. She has only selfish goals in mind. An insatiable need to be attended to and self promote...just like the rest of that wretched family. I have a suspicion that she has no desire to actually be governor and only a desperate need to keep herself relevant in pop culture and media. I also know from the tv program my wife watches that just the rent alone on his home is north of $10k per month. I can only imagine the motivation to keep a lavish lifestyle going.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Still, had you said that outside this forum you would've been doxxed, harrassed, threatened, and your business would be over.

Board footer