You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tenet

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

This film wound up being a popcorn fart. I've heard nothing about it. They really should've delayed it until next year. These types of films don't really work without a huge push and it being an "event".

There was a massive push, but you're right about next year. 5 people sitting in a cinema screen max (this part of the uk) was not exactly going to pan out well finacially.

The Bond film was just delayed till next year too aftrer being delayed till this winter.

There's no way Warner Brothers don't regret dropping Tenet in 2020.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

They had to try; no one knew whether people would go see a film in cinemas until someone took the plunge. And there was almost certainly pressure from the director, who's very big on the "cinema experience, shoot on film instead of digital" thing. I went to see it at an IMAX and, while it was fun, and I did enjoy having the cinema experience again, the whole audience felt a bit on edge. I don't see cinemas or other venues getting back to anything approaching normal until there's a vaccine.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone else watch this yet? It just got released. I saw commercials for it during football.

I'm going to Walmart later today. If it's there I'm gonna go ahead and get it.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Anyone else watch this yet? It just got released. I saw commercials for it during football.

I'm going to Walmart later today. If it's there I'm gonna go ahead and get it.

I seen it when it came out. Not a perfect film, but great for seeing in the cinema. Unfortunately most won't see it on the big screen.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I was able to catch it.

It was very promising but fizzled out after the first 30 minutes or so. It’s Nolan’s worst film, by far.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Wagszilla wrote:

I was able to catch it.

It was very promising but fizzled out after the first 30 minutes or so. It’s Nolan’s worst film, by far.

Agreed.  I saw it in theatres, and while I enjoyed it, I didn't find it nearly as good as Inception or Interstellar.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Watched it last night, wasn't impressed to be honest.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I will just wait for Top Gun 2

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Tried watching it on HBOMax. Didn't really get it & tuned in & out while checking my phone etc. Short attention span maybe. Reminded me a Inception, very layered & if you not fully tuned it it's just visual candy, ok to watch and listen to, but I can't say it was great.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I couldn't get thru it...why's it so damn long?

Board footer