You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Covid 19

Neemo wrote:

I ended up getting the Pfizer shot..my appt for the 2nd dose is Sept 20...I had a sore arm for a couple days and was pretty tired the day after

September? Isn’t the 2nd shot of Pfizer supposed to be issued 21 days after the first?  Are Canadian guidelines different than US?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

In the UK the standard is 10-12 weeks between first and second jab, both with Pfizer and AZ. I think the data is quite strong for a substantial gap (couple of months) between 1st and 2nd dose.

Got my first one booked for Saturday morning.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Got my first dose today.

Government had been saying November/December for us but apparently they found some somewhere.

Goodnews cos we're back under lockdown in my city, looking forward to feeling like it's not as dangerous being around others again.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That sucks Monkeychow, Victoria has had the worst luck with Covid.

I’ve been saying for about a year now that the Federal Government should be managing Quarantine and should have invested and coordinated in a dedicated facility for returning citizens. Hotels aren’t bloody fit for containing a virus! 

I think Scomo stood back and thought “fuck we won’t get involved at a Federal level we will leave it to the states, that way when things fuck up the state Premiers will get the blame but not us”. But it seems like that is finally backfiring and people are blaming this latest outbreak on the Federal govt.

I also think Scomo has totally fucked up the one thing he was involved in - vaccines. We have (from what I have read a day or two ago) about 2% of the population vaccinated. That’s a fucken disgrace and a major fuck up!

Btw I’m not some Labor lover either Albanese annoys me, but I’m just calling the Libs out at a Federal level for their monumental inaction and when they have administered something like the vaccine they have fucked it up royally!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

yeah totally agree.

The vaccine rollout shambles is particularly annoying to me because I mean they had an entire year or more to plan what they would do when a vaccine was invented. So its odd to me that here we are with the rest of the world vaccinated and I see recruitment ads on facebook to hire project managers to distribute the vax...like how far behind exactly are we lol.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Canada is pretty slow as well...I think we are only 55% with one shot or something like that

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Total disorganised shambles here...

It's such a joke in victoria, no ability to book online, call the number and it runs through a 3 min announcement about privacy then disconnects you saying they are too busy. This happens like the first 1000 times you call - occasionally u get lucky and instead of it hanging up it puts you into a call holding system where you wait for an indeterminate time to talk to someone. When you get someone they tell you that there's no pfizer left so you can't book a second shot.

Then you log onto facdebook and it's full of people who turned up with no appointment and we're given pfizer at random despite not meeting the criteria. Got to love it. Especially when they had 15 months to plan this.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Ok...we aren't that bad...once the government actually got their booking website up I managed to book 1st appt and followup within 10 minutes

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

But when the pharmacies were handling the vaccinations thats what it was like...I was on a waiting list for over a month yet people could call and get in in a day if they were willing to diligently watch Facebook for openings

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Neemo wrote:

But when the pharmacies were handling the vaccinations thats what it was like...I was on a waiting list for over a month yet people could call and get in in a day if they were willing to diligently watch Facebook for openings

Kind of related but has there been any word from Canada about how they are going to handle Stanley Cup playoffs once the Canada division is finished?

Board footer