You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Two year "anniversary" of the Hammerstein show(s)

bigbri wrote:

What a waste of two years.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What a waste of two years.

Sad but true man.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I thought the whole 2006 thing showed how fast somethign can happen when it does happen though. Like if CD set a date and Axl did a few shows then the world would go off again.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I was there for the 2nd and 3rd shows.  Amazing night.  Met alot of good people there too.  I remember the 2nd show, I was standing back right off the floor cause I thought I could waltz in an hour before show time and get a good floor spot (I learned since then) and some asshole next to me was trash talking the band.....I made him shut up smile.  That was a great year.  I saw them 4 times that year and was able to get on the rail, center stage when they played in Huntington, WV.  Now that I'm going to Iraq in less than 3 months, they'll finally release CD and go on tour and I'll miss it all.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Now that I'm going to Iraq in less than 3 months, they'll finally release CD and go on tour and I'll miss it all.

Hopefully not.  However whatever goes on with CD you've got some friends here that will make sure you are one of the first people to get the goods. 21

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

definitely... if something does go down, we'll get it to ya somehow.

Randall Flagg

Gunslinger wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Now that I'm going to Iraq in less than 3 months, they'll finally release CD and go on tour and I'll miss it all.

Hopefully not.  However whatever goes on with CD you've got some friends here that will make sure you are one of the first people to get the goods. 21

I appreciate it.  I'll definitely have internet over there since Comms is my specialty, so you guys will still hear from me.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

My God my excitement was at an all time high in May 2006. I went to the show on May 15th and was so pumped up. the show was one of the best shows I've ever seen and at that time I still had an ounce of respect for Axl. Sad how things changed only 7 months later.  I had tickets to the Edmonton and Calgary shows in December and by the time they rolled around I didn't eve wanna go. I had figured it out that the whole thing was a sham and Axl was using the fans as funding for something we'll never see. Too many antics on the tour, too many cancelled shows(yeah, yeah they did well for Gn'R, who gives a shit it's was poor by other artist standards) for bogus reasons, the insanely late stage arrivals all combined with the "promise" of an album that was a flat out lie, really turned me off. Plus the shows I saw in December were average at best.  It was at that point I realized I was supporting an artist who had zero respect for his fans and in fact probably has some contempt for his fans. I was a huge supporter and very positive about the whole thing in May 2006. It was one of the most exciting times if not THE most exciting time ever for myself as a music fan. Thanks for runing that Axl. Job well done.

Randall Flagg

Keep the faith

I'm sorry for everyone who didn't get to see GN'R in 2006 due to cancellations, I really am.

But apart from that and no new record, it was a pretty damn good year - from January to July was probably the greatest seven months of my entire life thus far and I'd like to believe that that memory won't change since I've never felt so damn happy before.

It's a shame that things didn't work out as planned, because it really was the perfect moment to drop the record.

2006 was perfect fun, though. At least for me.

Board footer