You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Covid 19

Aussie wrote:

I booked an appointment to get my Pfizer yesterday. Earliest time I can get a slot was 1st September!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

If one of these variants blows up here, TPTB are just gonna have to pull an Obama and swine flu it away because the American people are not going back to lockdown mode.

Think the next step will be booster shots for people with updated vaccines against newer variants. Until those roll out I just see governments trying to ride this out with whatever protection they have.

I could see reintroduction of local mask mandates to reduce spread in areas that spike.

Closures and stuff though? I think people are tired and part of that is how governments handled this throughout - letting prevention measures become a black/white political issue and also the trend of unlocking too early, thus leading to longer relockdowns has eaten away at people. They've in effect used up all the lockdowns they could ever realistically enforce, so just need to press on with vaccinations in a race against new variants and hope for the best.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

Already announced that at the Springsteen concert, Astrazeneca people aren't allowed.

So stupid.

A year ago we were hoping for vaccines with efficacy in the 50% range, and would have taken that as something great to have. AZ is still much more highly effective than that.

Also, so much is ignored about the actual purpose of widespread vaccination programs - achieving a level of herd immunity in a population. Isn't about protecting individuals, it's about having a large population vaccinated where transmission chains are just cut off so spread and big outbreaks don't occur.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just got back from Safeway. Did a bit of shopping. Before going to the register I went back to the pharmacy and got the vaccine.

Johnson and Johnson.

Got the shot about an hour ago. It only stung for a second. No issues yet.... knock on wood.

Most people must get Pfizer or they're pushing that one. They were going to give it to me until I specified.

I started wondering if I should get that one. lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Good news, dude. Just heard J&J is effective against the delta variant, too.

I had Pfizer and the only side effect I had was a sore arm for a few days after the first shot.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Good news, dude. Just heard J&J is effective against the delta variant, too.

I had Pfizer and the only side effect I had was a sore arm for a few days after the first shot.

Is Pfizer not effective against the delta variant?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm pretty sure they all are. There was some question about J&J and that you might need a booster shot for the variants.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nothing bad yet.

Last night I had this weird sensation in my neck going down into my shoulders. It went away in a few minutes.

Also a minor headache but that may have had nothing to do with the vaccine.

My arm doesn't even hurt.

It's weird how everyone reacts different to it.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

Nothing bad yet.

Last night I had this weird sensation in my neck going down into my shoulders. It went away in a few minutes.

Also a minor headache but that may have had nothing to do with the vaccine.

My arm doesn't even hurt.

It's weird how everyone reacts different to it.

Totally. I got Pfizer and had the sore arm but it progressed from sore to feeling literally heavy, like it was weighed down. That and feeling tired was all I felt - although due to my arm being heavy and sore to move I ended up using it differently and injuring my hand and wrist for a week.

My friend had half his face go numb, was scary. Was listed as one of the rare 1 in 1000 side effects though, so not like it's a total surprise. He's fine though afterwards, but he was worried at the time. Everyone's body is different.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I just got my 2nd dose...Pfizer again

Board footer