You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

I'm pretty sure she was making some of the girls sleep with her also, on top of taking most of their money. There's a Moolah Dark Side of the Ring episode, too. I haven't seen it yet.

I have Dynamite on my dvr, I might watch it tonight. If you can get A&Es Warrior bio, watch it with dark side's episode.

A funny/creepy thing with Hogan and Piper. A couple days after Piper died, Hogan gets a message from Roddy's phone saying that he had a voicemail. He played it and Roddy said he just wanted him to know he loved him and he was walking with Jesus. Hulk said that totally messed with his head. It was most likely just one of those weird things where a message takes a long time to show up, but just creepy stuff.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm pretty sure she was making some of the girls sleep with her also, on top of taking most of their money. There's a Moolah Dark Side of the Ring episode, too. I haven't seen it yet.

I have Dynamite on my dvr, I might watch it tonight. If you can get A&Es Warrior bio, watch it with dark side's episode.

A funny/creepy thing with Hogan and Piper. A couple days after Piper died, Hogan gets a message from Roddy's phone saying that he had a voicemail. He played it and Roddy said he just wanted him to know he loved him and he was walking with Jesus. Hulk said that totally messed with his head. It was most likely just one of those weird things where a message takes a long time to show up, but just creepy stuff.

Something similar happened with Bruce Prichard...I may have posted this before so forgive me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixE-gUy5FVU&t=629s

It's 12 minutes long but it's worth it...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/06/21 … ng-health/

Paul Orndorff is in really bad shape. His son is getting some shit for posting that video...and rightfully so. I doubt he would want the public seeing him in that condition.

All those concussions must have really done a number on him.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Man, I saw the pictures and didn't have the heart to watch it. I mostly remember him from NWA wrestling. From what the son wrote I don't think he meant anything bad by posting it. It's probably really frustrating to see your dad deteriorate and know it was concussions that did it.

The one guy I worry about is Mick Foley.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Anyone watch the Chyna doc?

It's on Vice TV

misterID

misterID wrote:

I saw it advertised, is it any good?

The dynamite kid episode was really santized. I mean, they tease how awful he was with Lance Storm at the beginning and NEVER even go back to hear his story. They just have made an agreement with the family they wouldn't bury him. That's the only thing I can think of.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There was no point in doing a Dynamite episode if unwilling to show what really happened behind the scenes. All of that shit led to his downfall.

If this is the direction they start going with this series, I can't imagine it lasting much longer.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Man, I saw the pictures and didn't have the heart to watch it. I mostly remember him from NWA wrestling. From what the son wrote I don't think he meant anything bad by posting it. It's probably really frustrating to see your dad deteriorate and know it was concussions that did it.

The one guy I worry about is Mick Foley.

A lot of those ECW guys in the late 90s will probably get or already have CTE.  Both WWE and WCW were at least a little safe as opposed to the ECW wrestling style.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I know. They were really careful about chair shots in WCW. There's a rumor that Kanyon got really fucked up by a chair shot from Undertaker. And it was kind of insinuated that Taker did it on purpose because he was gay. I mean, the segment had him dressed in drag and singing Culture Club to him. All I know was that the chair shot was brutal, and they say he was never the same afterwards until his suicide. Sandman, Sabu and RVD are going to be fucked up. Tommy Dreamer has admitted he very nearly comitted a murder/suicide with Paul Heyman live on RAW. That's not good.

Bishoff was pretty adamant about not letting wrestlers do crazy dangerous shit, which is why Mick left for WWF.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

There was no point in doing a Dynamite episode if unwilling to show what really happened behind the scenes. All of that shit led to his downfall.

If this is the direction they start going with this series, I can't imagine it lasting much longer.

There was some bad stuff, but there's an incident with Jacques Rougeau where Curt Hennig set him up to play cards and while his back was turned, Dynamite snuck up behind him and beat the shit out of him. Like it was really, really brutal, to the point he went into a depression. And it was considered "ribbing" because he thought too highly of himself, or they thought he was a dork or whatever. So he got revenge by waiting backstage with a roll of quarters and busted Dynamite in the mouth when he walked through the curtains, knocking out four teeth. And they tried to make Jacques Rougeau look like the bad guy!

Board footer