You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Neemo wrote:

I thought Chyna doc was good..but the people that brought her back from Japan to do it were a bunch of addicts themselves so I'm sure it's wasn't good for her to be with them

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ … ar-AALs1na

This is likely something we all already know...it's just another glaring embarrassment by WWE who probably doesn't give a fuck. Their business model is successful now despite no one watching the modern day garbage they put out there.

From Vince writing/re-writing the shows live while they're still going on to the goofy bullshit that their creative produces en masse. What a far cry from what it used to be...it has been alleged that less people watch wrestling now than did in the early-mid 90s when supposedly according to the experts wrestling was in a massive down turn.

It's no wonder this thread is talking about things and shit that happened 30 to 40 years ago.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Looks like CM PUNK and Daniel Bryan are in negotiations to join AEW.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Welp, AEW signed Bryant and Punk. Now WWE just released Brey Wyatt (Mike Rotunda's son!), the best, most interesting and original wrestler since... Bryant and Punk. They said they couldn't afford him, even though they're making ridiculous money off the Peacock deal.

It's obvious they don't care about wrestling anymore, only their media content and merchandising. If it wasn't for their library, WWE would be out of business right now. The ratings are at an historic low, like early 90s, and now their house show attendance (pre-covid) is plummeting and costing more money than they're bringing in, which never happened before.

The Kahn's are okay with losing money to build up the brand, and are going to be profitable a year earlier than expected.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Welp, AEW signed Bryant and Punk. Now WWE just released Brey Wyatt (Mike Rotunda's son!), the best, most interesting and original wrestler since... Bryant and Punk. They said they couldn't afford him, even though they're making ridiculous money off the Peacock deal.

It's obvious they don't care about wrestling anymore, only their media content and merchandising. If it wasn't for their library, WWE would be out of business right now. The ratings are at an historic low, like early 90s, and now their house show attendance (pre-covid) is plummeting and costing more money than they're bringing in, which never happened before.

The Kahn's are okay with losing money to build up the brand, and are going to be profitable a year earlier than expected.

The thing with Wyatt is that they always booked him horribly.  He'd always lose the big match or just get stuck with some weird angle.  He's a "star" but not on the level of even a Randy Orton.

Yeah, WWE is coasting on the licensing and other deals (like the Saudi blood one) now.  Nothing will change unless Vince dies imo.

It'll fun to see Punk back in the wrestling ring.  I'll just say this on Bryan though, I don't blame WWE for him leaving.  It sounds like he did all he could/and or wanted there in WWE and just moved on.  Nothing wrong with that, just business.  I just hope he doesn't take any insane bumps or chances in AEW given his injury history.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Big time boneheaded move by releasing Bray Wyatt! Like what the fuck were they thinking?

I haven’t watched wrestling since the Maybe 2005 or 2006.

On and off I’ve seen some stuff.

But Bray had a good gimmick, and a fun wrestler to watch.

If they’re gearing up for a sale of the company that’s pathetic.

Heard Ric Flair got released too.

Yikes!

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Big time boneheaded move by releasing Bray Wyatt! Like what the fuck were they thinking?

I haven’t watched wrestling since the Maybe 2005 or 2006.

On and off I’ve seen some stuff.

But Bray had a good gimmick, and a fun wrestler to watch.

If they’re gearing up for a sale of the company that’s pathetic.

Heard Ric Flair got released too.

Yikes!

looks like vince is getting ready to sell wwe. never thought that would happen!

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It's a myopic decision.

Bray was booked horribly and their talent is getting old.

AEW is meh. It won't bring me back to wrasslin beyond passive observation of this and that. They're duplicating the TNA and WCW model of picking up cast-offs with no ability to develop talent on their own.

Neemo wrote:

I thought Chyna doc was good..but the people that brought her back from Japan to do it were a bunch of addicts themselves so I'm sure it's wasn't good for her to be with them

What's it called? I'll watch.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I wouldn't call Bryant, Punk and Wyatt and Cole cast offs like say Ted Dibiase, Mike Rotunda (IRS, Wall Street) were. I'd say this is closer to Hall and Nash. The issue with AEW is that they allow wrestlers to be their own writers and 99% of them don't have that talent. The guys coming into the company now do have that talent.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I think a potential problem that AEW may have an issue with down the line is roster bloat, especially if you keep on adding ex WWE guys.

Beautiful Bobby Eaton died today.  I never caught most of his heydey in the 80s but he was one of those solid pro wrestlers that put on a great match every time I watched WCW in the 90s.

Board footer