You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:
James wrote:
James wrote:

I wanted to post something but doesn't really need its own thread....

Remember that obscure actress I used to rave about on the old site, Rona De Ricci?

Found out last night that she killed herself last year.

It really threw me for a loop. Took me a few hours to get to sleep.

Out of the blue, she wrote her memoirs last year right before she killed herself. I bought it. Since watching The Pit and the Pendulum on HBO when I was 16, always wondered what happened to her. This book tells you.... apparently she was up for the female role in Steven Seagal's Under Siege, he wanted to fuck her, she refused, didn't get the role, was essentially blacklisted, and she became so jaded she walked away from the industry and spent her life in a shitty, dysfunctional marriage, dealt with severe depression (obviously), and her kids even turned on her.

She posted her suicide note on Instagram. Only had 37 followers.

The fact no news outlets picked up on this story really shows how obscure she really is.

I'm no longer putting off reading it.

She was only in two films.

The Pit and the Pendulum

The Penitent...an obscure 1988 film out of print and no trailer on YouTube. I saw it back in 97. Not very good but she was great in her small role.

RIP Rona

You obviously had talent and it's unfortunate how what should've been an exciting time when your career was just starting to blossom had to be ruined like that.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OQmEa5OKyOI/S … icci04.jpg

I finished this book last night.

This is the most disturbing and depressing book I have ever read...and I've read some fucked up shit.

I cried while reading the last couple chapters...she just flat out says she's going to kill herself...and was speechless afterwards.

It's not a normal biography. There is no drugs...no sex...no scandal...no crazy adventures....

The reader gets to witness the isolation and desperation as a woman goes through the dysfunctional breakdown of her family which leads to the imminent destruction of her own life.

It's not easy to describe. As I was reading it I felt like I was invading her privacy. This isn't meant for public consumption. While not written like a diary, it sure as shit feels like one.

I'm not gonna lie.... it's boring in many places. She doesn't attempt to dress it up.... it's warts and all.

This is what helps make it so uncomfortable...this could be any woman dealing with this. Anything resembling a glamorous actress was gone decades ago.

I feel really sorry for her. You can tell she was a great person who sacrificed her life on the altar of her (ex)husband and then her children...who thank her for that sacrifice by shitting on her and then literally abandoning her.

I started crying when she came to the realization that she had wasted her life and was now too old to make anything of herself. Since the only thing she loved(her sons) now hated her, it was time to end it all.

This book clearly wasn't written for me or any other fan from long ago. It's not written for other women to learn from her mistakes neither.

I think it was written for two reasons....

- To rub her ex husband and sons noses in shit....

- I think she believed that thanks to her brief fame 30 years ago, her suicide would cause her story and this book to go viral...and her sons could make some money from it.

It's just an awful story all around. I never would have imagined this would be her fate.

Edit

Another thing....

As I was reading the last half of her life, I was shocked that a massive drug addiction or deep dive into a bottomless bottle wasn't her next step.

The progression of her story begs for such a detour but it never comes.

I'll have to watch this movie. And that's a bizarre suicide note. Ashame, although, there probably are plenty of actresses and actors who bordered on success. Jennifer Anniston I think was in Ferris Buellers Day Off the TV show. Lasted like 13 episodes, (and Parker Lewis Can't Lose even mocked the show in an episode), Brad Pitt was in a Fox summer TV show I actually watched, was cancelled and 90210 replaced it. For each of those there's thousands of similar 'nearly touched fame' types. Part of the dream I'm sure.

Still, yeah not sure if she was a bit 'off', but it really seems she thought the book would be a viral tell-all sensation. Sad to see the IG post have only 40 likes and 6 comments.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So was Steve McQueen. He was literally on his way, saw a good looking girl on the sidewalk, picked her up and decided to nail her and blew off the party.

My auto correct Kind of messed up my Cosby post. Went ahead and edited it. Basically, the prosecution made a deal with him that if he went ahead with a civil trial and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges because they didn't have a strong case. In a criminal case he has the right not to take the stand. You don't have that right in civil court, and they can use that testimony against you in a criminal case whether you take the stand or not. The prosecutor just decided not to honor it and ran a campaign that he was going to prosecute Cosby.

I think Cosby is guilty as a mother fucker, but you cannot shit on someone's constitutional rights.

I have no idea if he’s guilty or not…how can you be so sure?

I’m so confused about whether or not people find this shit to repulsive or even criminal at all. It hits close to home for me and I’ve resigned myself to the fact that many people just don’t care.

Because he admitted it. That's the whole point, he testified in a civil case, and it was used in his criminal case against him.

Wouldn't you agree to admitting to anything to stay out of jail?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

?thread_id=3737418316331705&attachment_id=2883594935226895&message_id=mid.%24gAA1HKYMfOrmAlCjIx16YuN3zqPsX

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He didn't admit it because it was going to keep him out of jail, he had to answer why he was getting quaaludes from a doctor, and it was to have sex with young women. It was pretty well known he called quaaludes "panty droppers." This goes back over 40 years.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, Cosby got fucked over (in regards to his constitutional rights) and that's why he's out of jail.   I think he's guilty of all those horrible things but he has fifth amendment rights too.  And there was clearly a deal with the prosecutor at the time.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, Cosby got fucked over (in regards to his constitutional rights) and that's why he's out of jail.   I think he's guilty of all those horrible things but he has fifth amendment rights too.  And there was clearly a deal with the prosecutor at the time.

The trial was 2 or 3 years ago, and I admit I had issues with prosecuting 20 years old cases based on testimony. However, do you recall, did he dope them, like dropping it in their drink like a Roofie, without telling them?  Or was this a 'Hey, let's get whacked and party" situation, like Motley Crue giving groupies cocaine backstage then banging them an hour later?

I heard they were 'downers' but for some reason did make you want to fuck.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He was knocking them out.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think you missed the point. He's saying Motley Crue was notorious for something similar.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think you missed the point. He's saying Motley Crue was notorious for something similar.

I didn’t get that from reading PASnows post??? I thought he was just asking for clarification of how Cosby was drugging them, because he couldnt remember.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Aussie wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I didn’t get that from reading PASnows post??? I thought he was just asking for clarification of how Cosby was drugging them, because he couldnt remember.

Sorta both, I'll read up, tried recapping on wikipedia but it's all pretty muddy. As a whole, where there's smoke there's fire. However, cases from the mid 60s & 1970s, are touch to accuse somebody 4-5 decades later. I did come across a Bill Cosby quote on one accuser,  "I give her Quaaludes. We then have sex.". Kinda like doing exctasy or Xanax maybe with a girl (not that I ever have).

And yeah, like Motley Crue gave girls drugs (cocaine) and had sex. Was that always 'rape'? Now, IF Cosby was feeding them drugs/ludes without them knowing, then yes that's assault. Ludes were pretty popular tho, again like Molly or Xanax today, so I don't think it's far fetched to think the woman maybe were in on it. Maybe not too, that's what I'm unclear about. But it wasn't like roofies necessarily, where basically no one (female) willingly took it voluntarily.

Board footer