You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Wtf happened to…Riad

metallex78 wrote:

As for Riad, I always thought of it as nuGNR’s WTTJ, just from the guitar interplay at the start. Only part I don’t like is the “no one had wove as well” line, which sounds cut and pasted in there. But it’s definitely one of the better songs on CD.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

The other is that we all now know monkey sings Riad in the shower. 16

I'd play you guys my offical clip of it but I'd never be able to get Lars to sign off on it 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

To this day it still blows my mind that this was one of the best songs they had.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Bang average song. Melodies notwithstanding, Axl sounds poor on this one. Suffers, like many of them, from being a complete haze of indistinguishable mud in the mix. Bumble again butchers his solo spot - I recall an earlier leak with BH that was far superior...

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

To this day it still blows my mind that this was one of the best songs they had.

You think this is one of the best songs they have? Or you think the label thought it was the best they had because of what made the album?
Because most of the locker songs are better than what we got on the album. And merck even talked about all the big guns that are still not to be released

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

You think this is one of the best songs they have? Or you think the label thought it was the best they had because of what made the album?
Because most of the locker songs are better than what we got on the album. And merck even talked about all the big guns that are still not to be released

Yeah....I think it's one of the best songs they had.... musically anyways.

How can it not be? It's one of the few rockers they came up with. It makes it near the top by default.

A nice rocker with great vocals/mediocre lyrics that Bucket adds a killer solo and turns the outro into a Praxis jam.

Its competition...

CD
IRS
Better
Scraped

Merck said IRS was on the b list and there was like 20 songs better.

I don't believe him.

Board footer