You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

Smoking Guns wrote:

This VR song is more Axl’s style

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl needs to call Ken Tamplin. Plain and simple, get a coach to fix his fucking voice.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's no reason to do CD songs at all, imo. Unless they 're-release it (totally possible) with Slash and Duff, there's no point to it.

I agree but left the title track on the list because I don't think Axl is willing to completely let go....it would be like admitting defeat.

Funny... because if the reunion hadn't happened, I think he would've eventually dropped it all because nobody cared anymore.

In a sick twist of fate, the reunion breathed some new life into Chinese....but they're circling the drain again.

Either move forward or just go balls deep into nostalgia...87-91 only....and if you do covers, only covers from back then.

Make a GNR show like stepping into 87-91. Axl can even act out old rants and Slash can pretend he's drunk.

watched a stream and the pop for KOHD was big and those there really enjoyed it, us hardcore fans rag on it but it's got to stay.

KOHD has been a fan favorite since 1988-89 when the live B side hit top 40 radio and MTV threw KOHD at the Ritz into heavy rotation.

If radio and MTV never whip up their own GNR hit out of thin air due to no more singles coming, KOHD probably doesn't get used in Days of Thunder or making the Illusions tracklist.

It will never leave the set....same with Live and Let Die. They're huge hits that get massive crowd pops.

They're not even Dylan and McCartney songs anymore....they're GNR.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

What Sammy Hagar or Ronnie James Dio before he died at their age was amazing. Hell even Mick Jagger sings better than Axl. Maybe Axl DC did ruin him.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
bigbri wrote:

GNR are so fucking lazy.

This has to be said.  From the clips I looked at here, they just looked like they were phoing it in.  And it just looked like such a boring, listless performance.

It's just kind of sad.  Other bands exist as just a touring band but even they seem to give a shit more than GNR at this point.

Not sure how you watch Slash and call that phoning it in. He is the only reason to see a GNR show.

Because he clearly doesn't give a shit.

Yeah he sounds good....but he doesn't really care.

He looks like Kim Thayil when Soundgarden was coming in for a crash landing (both times).

He's on autopilot.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What Sammy Hagar or Ronnie James Dio before he died at their age was amazing. Hell even Mick Jagger sings better than Axl. Maybe Axl DC did ruin him.

Jagger enjoys being onstage. It means everything to him. He runs several miles a day to stay in shape...which is insane at his age.

The only time in the past 15 years when he sounded like he was recapturing his prime is when he was sitting on that throne.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Jagger enjoys being onstage. It means everything to him. He runs several miles a day to stay in shape...which is insane at his age.

The only time in the past 15 years when he sounded like he was recapturing his prime is when he was sitting on that throne.

True... and I will say Slash with Myles is better than Slash with GNR mainly because Slash has a far better drummer with Myles than he has in GNR.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randall, how was Wolfgang/Mammoth?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randall, how was Wolfgang/Mammoth?

Surprisingly good. They sat 5 feet from me when Guns took stage and the entire audience gave them a standing ovation as they took their seats.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Sky Dog wrote:

They didn’t even play Estranged?

They did.

Board footer