You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

Slither was embarrassingly bad. Axl can’t sing that in the range Weiland did, and the Mickey voice during the chorus is grating.

Band was tight, but Axl needs to work on his breathing. He just mouthed half the lyrics towards the end so he could snag a breath. He doesn’t need to be seen as Vince Neil.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just thought of the perfect cover to replace one of the current covers.

Let  Axl go get oxygen and let Melissa tackle a song....

I GUARANTEE you it will get a bigger crowd pop than any cover not named KOHD and LALD.

Women in their 30s-40s  will go ape shit when that intro kicks in.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

I miss 2010 Axl. Hell even Up Close and Personal 2012 Axl. I will even settle for 2002 clean vocals if they have power. They have to start playing Bad Obsession and songs like that but they refuse to play songs he can sing. Very odd.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Slither was embarrassingly bad. Axl can’t sing that in the range Weiland did, and the Mickey voice during the chorus is grating.

I remember when he was recapturing his prime.... kicking ass with GNR, fronting AC/DC, and performing with Billy Joel, I thought....what can't he do?!?

I started wishing he would tackle Soundgarden songs....and when Cornell died I thought....oh shit, here it comes....can it really happen?

The thought of him fronting Soundgarden to help them finish the tour was a hardcore fan of both bands wet dream from hell.....

Can you imagine it now? I shudder at the thought. It would've been a disaster of epic proportions.  He would not have won over the crowd like he did with AC/DC....he would've been booed off the stage.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I remember when he was recapturing his prime.... kicking ass with GNR, fronting AC/DC, and performing with Billy Joel, I thought....what can't he do?!?

I started wishing he would tackle Soundgarden songs....and when Cornell died I thought....oh shit, here it comes....can it really happen?

The thought of him fronting Soundgarden to help them finish the tour was a hardcore fan of both bands wet dream from hell.....

Can you imagine it now? I shudder at the thought. It would've been a disaster of epic proportions.  He would not have won over the crowd like he did with AC/DC....he would've been booed off the stage.

Prime era Axl could have done anything. CALL KEN TAMPLIN NOW!

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Prime era Axl could have done anything. CALL KEN TAMPLIN NOW!

While I always wanted to hear GNR do Soundgarden, the moment I really wanted it was when watching those videos of Live and Let Die at the Vegas reunion shows. Those screams were insane. He was channeling Satan. I knew then he could tackle a portion of the SG discography if he wanted to.

A year later Cornell kills himself, Axl takes the safe route with Black Hole Sun like most artists did, and after hearing it a few times, I no longer cared.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

You know, when the TV show Dexter completely went down the tubes in the last few seasons, I remember listening to a podcast where a reviewer said she was just "hatewatching" the show at that point. When I looked up the setlist last night and laughed out loud instead of feeling that deep disappointment like Rio 2011, I realized I have finally reached that point with GNR. It's just LOLs from here on out.

James

James wrote:

Funny how I always wanted him to do Billy Joel...and for eons I would list Honesty as a song I hoped could be on a potential second covers album.

He actually goes onstage with Joel and they do Big Shot. I then realized it was his most GNR song and the perfect choice to sing.

Damn.....Axl was on fire 2016-17. A travesty that we didn't get an album then.

Axl/DC was awesome but he should've been in the studio instead.

James

James wrote:

Holy fuck....I just watched the Jungle video.

That is the worst version I have ever heard.

Now that doesn't mean it's the worst...I always avoid the big hits when looking up clips of their shows.... but I have a hunch.

It's unbelievable.

Instead of "You know where the fuck you are..", he just casually says a few words to the crowd while the band is playing....

And then it gets worse from there.

We're not getting anything this year. Not even gonna pretend to believe it.

They're just going to go through the motions until the tour ends.

I need to watch SCOM.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

James wrote:

Holy fuck....I just watched the Jungle video.

That is the worst version I have ever heard.

Now that doesn't mean it's the worst...I always avoid the big hits when looking up clips of their shows.... but I have a hunch.

It's unbelievable.

Instead of "You know where the fuck you are..", he just casually says a few words to the crowd while the band is playing....

And then it gets worse from there.

We're not getting anything this year. Not even gonna pretend to believe it.

They're just going to go through the motions until the tour ends.

I need to watch SCOM.

You have to watch the YCBM and Dead Horse if you haven't already. The two worst songs last night

Board footer