You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Someone on HTGTH posted this defense of Axl:

"There was absolutely nothing wrong with his voice. I was up front in the PIT. His mic was cutting out randomly throughout the songs. A good example was during Better. I heard him hammering the lyrics but they didn't come out over the sound system. The "gasp of air" people are referring to is him not choosing to sing those lyrics because they were vocally intense. OR the mic was cutting out. He used those moments to communicate with the sound guys. You can see him by the drums looking to the side stage,  talking into the mic, pointing around, and like he's explaining things to some one. It seemed like he was talking to the sound people more than singing.

He gave up the vocally intense lyrics after Better. Just YouTube Jungle. He didn't even attempt the opening scream and did the ending using very clean and safe vocals.

I hope they get things fixed for the next show so he can give 100%."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

"There was absolutely nothing wrong with his voice. I was up front in the PIT. His mic was cutting out randomly throughout the songs. A good example was during Better. I heard him hammering the lyrics but they didn't come out over the sound system. The "gasp of air" people are referring to is him not choosing to sing those lyrics because they were vocally intense. OR the mic was cutting out. He used those moments to communicate with the sound guys. You can see him by the drums looking to the side stage,  talking into the mic, pointing around, and like he's explaining things to some one. It seemed like he was talking to the sound people more than singing.

He gave up the vocally intense lyrics after Better. Just YouTube Jungle. He didn't even attempt the opening scream and did the ending using very clean and safe vocals.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP BLAMING THE FUCKING SOUND MAN!!!! Axl is 60 almost and every bad show they blame the sound man. EVERY FUCKING TIME. If it is the sound man call the AC/DC sound man and hire him.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

They definitely had sound issues. Neither Axl or Melissa were coming through on Better. But if people are solely blaming the sound board and not acknowledging Axl didn’t have the stamina to give 100%, they’re not being honest.

I saw Axl talking into the mic nearly every song when he wasn’t singing communicating to the engineers. Setting up the piano for November Rain wasn’t easy. This was their first tour in over a year, so I forgive the kinks and had a great time. But absolutely, Axl was not prepared for this show.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

One thing I haven’t seen any comments on is how much weight Frank lost during lockdown. He looks really good.

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP BLAMING THE FUCKING SOUND MAN!!!! Axl is 60 almost and every bad show they blame the sound man. EVERY FUCKING TIME. If it is the sound man call the AC/DC sound man and hire him.

Truth…it’s unfortunate because Slash is so solid right now. He is light years better than he was in the early 90’s.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Did Axl attend the soundcheck?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

He is light years better than he was in the early 90’s.

This just reminded me how in the summer/fall 91 I would tell everyone (friends, cousins, other teens, my parents) that Slash was the greatest guitarist walking the planet.....

Yet in reality he's so drunk and stoned he can barely stand up while playing...and he fucked up all the time.

The shit you'll say and believe when you're young....

Sky Dog wrote:

We are just old Lofton….Axl is old and done as far as that dynamic, whirl wind rocker he was from 85-93 and I’ll throw in 2006. axl

He does seem happy though and ultimately, that is a good thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

He does seem happy though and ultimately, that is a good thing.

The silver lining....

It's true though. I always hated how fans used to pray for rants back in 2006-07.

It's like.... really? The rants are a glimpse into his state of mind and they always mean a disaster is approaching.

Some people just couldn't make the connection.

I don't ever expect him to all of a sudden have an artistic spark and become prolific...or like some fans used to want...start composing films (laugh laugh).

I just want him to realize that it's not a good idea to leave his discography at Chinese Democracy. It's not worthy of being a swan song.

I'd like one more album to bookend his/GNR's career. Whether it's reworked 20 year old tracks or fresh material...I don't care.

Since I'm not going to get to see Fleetwood Mac, I wouldn't mind seeing GNR one final time but I'm sticking to my guns on the no album=no buying tickets thing....

So get er done!  21

Sky Dog wrote:

No doubt 5

Board footer