You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Absurd

misterID wrote:

I really love the musical breakdowns in Absurd.
Those sound checks of Hard School sound tight, btw. Really looking forward to hear it in better quality.
And the ebay song list was legit, so Locomotive is on the way at some point.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I was there last night. Loved it…but cannot believe the over-the-top reaction that a song from 2001 now…means something?

I was of the opinion in 2020 that GnR playing the freaking Super Bowl festival was an indicator of something on the horizon…myself and those like me were mocked. Now we’re geeking out about them playing a 20 year old song? It’s no different than Prostitute, Catcher, etc.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I was there last night. Loved it…but cannot believe the over-the-top reaction that a song from 2001 now…means something?

I was of the opinion in 2020 that GnR playing the freaking Super Bowl festival was an indicator of something on the horizon…myself and those like me were mocked. Now we’re geeking out about them playing a 20 year old song? It’s no different than Prostitute, Catcher, etc.

It's completely different than Prostitute, Catcher, etc.

It is an unreleased song not performed in 20 years that was hinted many moons ago to be on the second album.

Now it strangely appears in the setlist when everyone and their grandma is watching.

Standing right next to it is another unreleased song.

That SB festival was nostalgia fuel while guzzling beer and choking on chicken wings. Nothing was ever coming from that.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Hey, we went from a 30 year old new song to a 20 year old new song. We're making progress here.

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Hey, we went from a 30 year old new song to a 20 year old new song. We're making progress here.

Yeah... and it only took three years.

The wait is over.

Chinese Democracy starts now!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

With the low bar sales wise these days they probably get No.1 on the first week that album releases. Look at what happens when a Metallica or Maiden put a new album out. They usually bag No.1 spot for at least one week.

Announcement day is a free good press day
Any single releases are a free good press day
Pre release review week is hopefully a free good press day with the top hat guy in tow
Release day is a free good press day
Then hitting No.1 shortly after is a free good press day.

All of which is great promo for the tours going into the next few years.

Then further down the line you have a UYI boxset, that’s extra fuel.

Then at that point if you haven’t done it already you can do a CD boxset/this new abums’s deluxe edition (helps if the new album got a good reception)

After that you can do live era 2, concert dvds etc.

There’s a chance here, probably the last one the redhead’s ever going to get for this.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm really, really glad Atlas Shrugged didn't make CD, all because of time restraints. That was some cosmic shit. I can't even imagine what they've done with it. If Slash has bought into fucking Silkworms, no telling what they've done with the rest. I think we're in store for some good stuff.

James

James wrote:

Speaking of that old quote, I miss the small amount of artwork from that brief period. It was really quirky.

Too bad it all went to shit so quickly....

u-g-F11JFJ0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

060120136960.jpg

GNR2001LOGO.jpg

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The 2006 stuff was the best. For a brief moment, they got professional help.

But the Absurd video board is a good sign. I hope they continue to pay for quality design and video work.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm really, really glad Atlas Shrugged didn't make CD, all because of time restraints. That's was some cosmic shit. I can't even imagine what they've done with it. If Slash has bought into fucking Silkworms, no telling what they've done with it. I think we're in store for some good stuff.

I'm glad all that stuff....

Atlas
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Perhaps
The General

....Wasn't allowed out the door on DJ and Ron's watch. That rancid Silkworms demo with him is garbage.

He was smart to hold on to it.

Now the songs can get reworked and properly released.

Way down the road we'll probably get to hear all the old versions.

Board footer