You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Re: Bring it Back Home, Too Much Too Fast and Hell House demos.

Were Bring it Back Home and Too Much Too Fast ever in the running to be released. I know they are not very good but they could have been B sides. They are IMO, better than Shotgun Blues, GITR, and So Fine. I remember on MyGNR I asked Marc Canter about them and he said that he never heard those two songs before and that Slash does not play on them. I know they are West songs but three songs from that tape got put out. Also I remember in the Drunk Fox show in 88 Axl said they recorded or were going to record Yesterdays. So this raises the question of why wasn't that recording on the AFD/Lies Boxset. Also I wonder if there is an acoustic Don't Cry.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I like Bring it Back Home and So Fine is worse than My World…ipso facto yeah it could have been on one of the two fucking albums they released.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really think it was just young guys learning to write music together. And I've heard demos from other bands where a song started off horrible with the worst lyrics you ever heard as they tried to find a melody and a groove. Like the skat stuff Axl was doing on the CD demos. They most likely gave up on them.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I remember kinda liking that Too Much song...had a catchy old time feel to it that worked with Axl's voice...much like Since I don't have you does.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bring It Back Home is pretty catchy...weird Skynyrd feel to me in the vein of Gimme Back My Bullets.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Bring It Back Home is pretty catchy...weird Skynyrd feel to me in the vein of Gimme Back My Bullets.

Bring It Back Home my favorite of that bunch as well.

Anyone remember the details on how those songs surfaced or exactly when?

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
James wrote:

I remember I got these on a bootleg tape around 1990, so they were out in tape trading circles prior to Use Your Illusion. I was disappointed that more of the tracks weren't on the final album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
huntermc wrote:
James wrote:

I remember I got these on a bootleg tape around 1990, so they were out in tape trading circles prior to Use Your Illusion. I was disappointed that more of the tracks weren't on the final album.

Fuck....my local record stores sucked at the time...and none of the people I knew had any of that shit...and the magazines weren't talking about those songs as they weren't in contention for UYI.

I had to move to Missouri to discover amazing GNR imports/bootlegs.

I discovered these songs first on an import called Cover of Love....had a bunch of covers and the tail end of the disc had those songs.

I put the pedal to the metal on the drive home.....

Actually the first bootleg I discovered was Unplugged. Was literally in shock when I saw it and I had the clerk play it. Dead Flowers blew me away.

I became one of their top customers doing special orders on those imports.

They even started giving me shit....the best being that wall sized GNR at the Ritz poster I haven't seen before or since.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James wrote:

They even started giving me shit....the best being that wall sized GNR at the Ritz poster I haven't seen before or since.

Y'know I think I actually had that exact same poster, picked it up around 2000 in a quirky little hippy store in my hometown. It was huge, like 2x or 3x a regular poster 14 I've never seen it posted elsewhere and mine is long gone now sad

As for the topic question, I've not heard a lot of those songs in over a decade and can't even remember how some of them sound. I think I had them all on a bootleg called Unwanted Illusions. I remember Crash Diet and Just Another Sunday both being pretty cool

Board footer