You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Taliban control of Afghanistan on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

are you saying your balls don't feel big enough?

Yes Mitch....that's exactly what is being conveyed there.

It's time to accept that we're not getting shit on our investment in the middle east over the past 20 years...make me your heel if you must.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It's time to accept that we're not getting shit on our investment in the middle east over the past 20 years...make me your heel if you must.

4FIS.gif

No one is advocating we should spend another decade there.

The issue is how it has been handled and continues to be.

It's a clusterfuck that gets worse by the hour....and those in charge are running for the hills.

They better hope no Americans get killed while they're on the run. You think it's bad and requires spin now? Just wait....

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yes too much money and resources were spent there....yada yada yada....but we definitely got something out of it.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-04-09%2Bat%2B4.52.31%2BPM.png

Do you notice the strategic advantage in the event of a major conflict?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I lean left and even I can't defend this shit.  This is stupid on multiple levels.  It's not that he just withdrew troops.  It's the way he's doing it now and the corrosponding total chaos that is now happening.

Oh and we should not get into the habit of trying to spread "democracy" to one of these Middle East nations for a long time if ever again.

James

James wrote:

What a shit show....

dramatische-szenen-auf-dem-flughafen-von-kabul-hunderte-menschen-versuchen-flugzeuge-zu-stuermen-um-afghanistan-verlassen-zu-koennen-.jpg

1629093264_Afghanistan-US-troops-fire-shots-in-air-at-Kabul-airport.jpg

videos-show-chaotic-scenes-at-the-kabul-airport-as-the-taliban-retakes-power-in-afghanistan-and-thousands-flee-1024x512.jpg

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It seems to me it’s been long overdue for them to extract themselves out of there, BUT the way this has been done is just monumental stupidity and a complete and utter disaster.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

A reasonable question is how much is Russia behind the Taliban’s troop movements.

Based on that bounty program where the paid militants linked to the Taliban to kill American soldiers I would be surrpised if there wasn't involvement on some level. Would also not be surprised if there was some help from China.

https://www.ft.com/content/d7d7f627-92f … 6a8ef18a2e

But they have to walk a line and not stage mass executions.  People are going to be slaughtered, but if it’s off camera the west will do nothing.

They already began

https://twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/status/1426795528227000323?s=19

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axl S wrote:

What a clusterfuck. Not much more needs to be said. This is going to be analysed for years to come.

Fuck up starts with how Trump sets this in motion, giving up so much for the optics of being seen to do something and getting so little in return.

Having Baradar released in 2018 without some guarantees. Stupid.
Signing that agreement in 2020, without also having some sort of power-sharing agreement negotiated and signed at the same time. Also, stupid.
Biden inheriting this hand and then handling the exit in such a rushed, disorganised manner. Extra stupid

Biden agreed with Trump with wanting to get out, but he did not do what Trump was going to do. He does opposite of trump on everything else, so don’t think he is following Trump’s plan when he never does on anything else.

Biden has screwed up the exit, I said this. The seeds for this begin with the deal that your guy negotiated and signed off on. One that he no doubt described as "marvelous deal, beautiful deal, some people are saying the greatest deal in the middle east that anyone ever did".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51689443

"Within the first 135 days of the deal the US will reduce its forces in Afghanistan to 8,600, with allies also drawing down their forces proportionately.

The move would allow US President Donald Trump to show that he has brought troops home ahead of the US presidential election in November."

Doing things by arbitrary dates just for electoral gain is definitely a solid base for a great plan. /s

Also this:

"The deal also provides for a prisoner swap. Some 5,000 Taliban prisoners and 1,000 Afghan security force prisoners would be exchanged by 10 March, when talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government are due to start."

A shitty lopsided prisoner exchange with no guarantee or caveat about the outcome of power-sharing negotiations.

This deal sold the Afghan government down the river. Once the Taliban's got this deal there was no impetus for them to negotiate anything in good faith. That deal gives up all leverage.

Biden then compounds the mess with his exit plan. Clusterfuck, from top to bottom and from one admin to the next.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Also Mitch, why are you trying to pop off at other posters in this thread. I may lean more your way politically but talking to other folk here is more pleasant.

You are such a shit stirrer.

James

James wrote:

People are grabbing on to planes as they take off and falling to their deaths.

Insanity.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

People are grabbing on to planes as they take off and falling to their deaths.

Insanity.

It's depressing. This pull out has been a shambles, the negotiated deal a shambles and the abandonment of the Aghan's who aided the US & Allies mission is appalling.

Board footer