You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Taliban control of Afghanistan on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Vid in the reply where he articulates exactly why at the end of the day, despite this being tee'd up by Trump, the blame ultimately lies with Biden.

[/embed]

Who is pulling his strings?

As the situation deteriorates, more and more people are going to be asking this question.

The media is trying to keep everyone's eyes off the elephant in the room but it will only work for so long.

This guy should not be president. Before someone says "You're a Trump lover!!"....it has nothing to do with Trump.

It has to do with what's happening right now and how our president is incapable of functioning as a president.

When your key ally calls, you answer the goddamn phone.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Am I wrong to think most of this forum is at least semi supportive of Trump? As a European that is very unusual to experience.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

Am I wrong to think most of this forum is at least semi supportive of Trump? As a European that is very unusual to experience.

What do you mean by "semi supportive of Trump"?  I've made it clear for years that I was largely aligned with Trump's overall foreign policy and domestic policy, but can't stand the man.  There are many things he did I didn't like or agree with, but nothing as colossal a fuck up as what Biden has unleashed.

Depending on the topic and how it's framed from a pollster, the overwhelming majority of Americans aligned with Trump's international and domestic agenda.  But far too many people inject accusations of racism and bigotry into any topic, so it quickly gets muddled.  The overwhelming majority of Americans support state issued IDs to vote, but if you pay attention to the media and liberal provocateurs, such an idea is as bad if not worse than slavery.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'm not a Trump supporter. And whenever he does anything good, he inevitably steps on his own dick... Which is why he's not President. Whenever a decision he makes looks good in hindsight, he opens his mouth.

The media being so overtly against him, though, makes it look like you're a supporter when you call them out. I can say he listened for four years to avoid this debacle.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

CNN had an “analysis” earlier that was titled “When did you last think of Afghanistan?”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/opinions … index.html

This organization along with many others earned their audience preaching fear and telling them that Trump would bring WW3. He ended ISIS and withdrew the bulk of American forces, leaving small contingents as we have in Iraq since 2011. He got 3 or 4 Arab nations to recognize Israel. He held talks with Kim and got the guy to quit shooting rockets over Japan. No one is talking about North Korean nukes. He negotiated a deal to stop combat operations with the Taliban, and set a time table for a full withdrawal.

The American media can’t hide what a collosal fuck up this is, but they’re bending over themselves to make excuses on how they’re not looking like fools for soft balling and singing praise of this administration. Even going so far as to tell us Afghanistan and this colossal fuck up don’t really matter, cause it’s just Afghanistan. It was already fucked, so botching a withdrawal and putting 10k Americans at the direct mercy of the Taliban, who we just learned Biden is engaged in daily negotiations with, isn’t worth much consideration, culpability, and accountability.

After the scrutiny and tone directed at the former President for his international relations, you have to be a real sycophant to not find issue with the current President and the direct danger he’s directly responsible for putting 10k+ of his citizens in.

To say this isn’t important or worth caring about…. Jesus Christ.

So what are you saying? We shouldn't have left? This should go on in perpetuity?

How long did people know we were leaving and did nothing?

I'm tired of the military constantly justifying itself by never solving any problems. It seems plenty of money was made by keeping all of those middle east/Asia conflicts going forever.

The biggest embarrassment is how much money we spent on all of this, how much time was spent, and how little we accomplished. I'm tired of congress approving more funding for the military but somehow it's never required that anything is actually accomplished. No, I'm not talking about always advancing our weaponry and our techniques. I'm talking about standing armies and special forces spending two decades somewhere no really accomplishing anything.

That's the biggest embarrassment to me. Since WWII, this country has used its military in ways it shouldn't be doing.

This talking point about staying in Afghanistan is such BS. No one is saying this, this is not the topic, this is Democratic spin.

Biden could have pulled out successfully. This didn't have to happen. The options were not 1) Exit competently. 2) Stay forever.

So please, I really don't want to hear this gaslighting, false choice, Democratic propaganda. Please, dude. This isn't what we're talking about. I don't know how to explain it any better than that. It's the actual exit, nothing else.

Yup, there was a difference between having tens of thousands of American troops engaging in an ongoing war (the "stay forever" option) and complete withdrawal in the middle of night without letting Afghan commanders know beforehand.

And besides that, even just the handling of the last 2 weeks has been a disaster.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'm not American, so not sure what this is worth. Zero support for him. He was a disaster on many levels and at times was ideologically dangerous.

I still think it is good he was voted out and Biden was voted in.

I also think Biden has been disastrous on this.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What do you mean by "semi supportive of Trump"?  I've made it clear for years that I was largely aligned with Trump's overall foreign policy and domestic policy, but can't stand the man.  There are many things he did I didn't like or agree with, but nothing as colossal a fuck up as what Biden has unleashed.

Depending on the topic and how it's framed from a pollster, the overwhelming majority of Americans aligned with Trump's international and domestic agenda.  But far too many people inject accusations of racism and bigotry into any topic, so it quickly gets muddled.  The overwhelming majority of Americans support state issued IDs to vote, but if you pay attention to the media and liberal provocateurs, such an idea is as bad if not worse than slavery.

Not hating him I guess. Where I come from you'd be hard pressed to find any normal people daring to voice even tacit support for him.

Me I don't like him personally either (my avatar hints at why), but compared to some other Presidents he was a breath of fresh air and seemingly competent on some important matters. From what I remember you guys were not exactly supportive of him before the election, however the tone in this thread suggests many of you have mellowed to him, or at least prefer him to what is going on now.

I think that's good to see.

Randall Flagg

Biden's speech didn't do much to address the fiasco, but he's right people shouldn't conflate the tens of thousands of random Afghans trying to get into the airport because Afghanistan is a shit hole, with the Americans and SIV Afghani's whom the US has an obligation to get out.  It's also worth mentioning that in part, the Taliban is responsible for keeping a mob of tens of thousands of Afghanis from destroying the airport and attempting to overwhelm US forces as we saw on Monday.

Randall Flagg

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Not hating him I guess. Where I come from you'd be hard pressed to find any normal people daring to voice even tacit support for him.

Me I don't like him personally either (my avatar hints at why), but compared to some other Presidents he was a breath of fresh air and seemingly competent on some important matters. From what I remember you guys were not exactly supportive of him before the election, however the tone in this thread suggests many of you have mellowed to him, or at least prefer him to what is going on now.

I think that's good to see.

I was certainly hesitant to elect a blowhard with no government experience to the office in 2016.  That's why I didn't vote for him.  But after 4 years of reality and seeing what he did versus what my worst fears and media told would manifest that didn't, it wasn't a hard choice for me in 2020.  Fuck Donald Trump.  As ID said, the dude can't take 2 steps without stepping on his own dick.  The moron couldn't even condemn white supremacy with his "Stand by" comments.  And his election shit is just as embarrassing as the fools who swore Putin had him on a leash and vast conspiracy was to be unleashed.

But I care first and foremost about American citizens and protecting our sovereignty and safety.  If you ever wanted a night and day comparison between how Trump and Biden felt about those topics and addressed them, this thread is the perfect example.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, Biden's press conference was awful. The speech was much of the same, the fact he was struggling to read the teleprompter was bad. They gave him too many talking points and he got them muddled together to answer those few questions. Walking away from more questions looked bad. The robotic "empathy" was bad. The same spin of blaming Trump, Afghan military, there was no way to do this better, the lie that world leaders have praised him and not criticised him (pure Trumpian!), not to mention he couldn't answer the NPR question of why they didn't evacuate BEFORE withdrawing military... It's just awful.

Board footer