You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

FlashFlood wrote:

It’s an official release from the band. It counts. I get what you’re saying but don’t really think it’s up for debate.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So does the release of Absurd "count" as "new music?"  Just curious what the consensus is.  My opinion is a rehashed song played live in 2001 before being canned doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah Flash is right...any released song/album will qualify as new music.

99.9% of the world didn't know Absurd ever existed. It is brand spanking new to them.

An updated version of Oh My God would also count as new music IMO.

We're getting something .... whether it's a song, EP, or LP remains to be seen...and it's likely going to be reheated Peking Duck marketed as a new/comeback album.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Randall Flagg wrote:

So does the release of Absurd "count" as "new music?"  Just curious what the consensus is.  My opinion is a rehashed song played live in 2001 before being canned doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

Have we really reached the point where GN'R put out an actual new song, and people are splitting hairs over whether it constitutes a new song?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Have we really reached the point where GN'R put out an actual new song, and people are splitting hairs over whether it constitutes a new song?

Most definitely yes. It's a new release alright, but not a new song, as it was played live 20 years ago. If they release 'Goodnight Tonight' or 'It Taste Good', they wouldn't really be considered new either, would they?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I felt that way about "Shadow of Your Love" seeing as it was on the Live and Let Die CD single that I had on repeat in my youth....totally not new.

I'm giving Absurd a pass on that front though - as I don't count songs that have been performed live but not released - otherwise although not as long a wait...we'd technically have to say Don't Cry and NR were not new on UYI etc.

Also I actually want them to redo all the old CD demos like State of Grace etc with Slash....so yeah I see Randals point but I'm personally letting it slide lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Anything I haven't heard is new. That includes re-recorded songs.

James

James wrote:

Just saw this today on the Hoffman forum....

I want to greet the entire forum here and the great Axl Rose fanbase. It is an honor that my previous words are still remembered.

A nice young gentleman from overseas, has requested my knowledge about those "Work in progress" album tracks. My relationship with Mr. Monti has been very rough across all these years, no need to explain anything. I returned to my country several years ago after that incident. He was a very nice bloke but it's not easy to get well with him.

Anyway, I don't want to distract anyone from the relevant information about the album. Recently, there have been strong discussions about the work of Brian Carroll and Dan Monti back in February 2006.

I highly esteem Mr. Rose but I reserve my opinion on the new single from his band.

That was a song called "Silkworms", in the pic, there was that name, that title. That was slated for release but seems highly unfinished at that time. Now, that single is even... well, I reserve to myself my opinion. I know I have that list somwhere, handwritten after the list on that phone (I keep it with myself until 2011 or so).

I'm reading, in another forum, my old post:

"I have worked with Dan Monti from 2006 to July 2009 before returning to my country. A pic of those sheets with him were on my Motorola V3 many years ago."

"There were like 80 takes from vocal sketches from Rose that last some few minutes. I remember a song called "Silkworms", barely has any lyrics on it. A song called "Devious Bastard" in 2006 that last only one minute and a half with Rose screaming all over it."

"I've heard about that Chinese Democracy triloghy story. By the end of 2006, when Monti finished to write the final music to some of the Bucket's tunes, there were only like 23/24 songs with complete vocals and really FINISHED. Here is what I had in the top of my head:

The 14 released songs plus a reworked Oh My God. A screamo song called Silkworms (barely has any lyrics on it; seems unfinished) I remember a title called Atlas Shrugged, also leaked last year. Some of the Bucket songs have replaced those tunes, like "Shackler's Revenge" and others. Another title was called Elvis Presley, Oklahoma and Jackie Chan. I've never heard any of these songs. The famous The General and a curious title 100 Cuban Skies. Those 8/9 songs were slated as "B material". The best of the bunch has been released on november 2008.

Three albums for 23/24 songs? Yeah right. Already one disc has only 14 songs. I don't know what Rose had in mind in those years. That album is so old now. Maybe a bonus disc with those 8 unreleased songs is welcome."

I never imagined that my post would be so relevant in the future for the young fanbase of some of the greatest singers of all time. That young gentleman has spoke to me all morning about this and I felt the "mission" to clarify the facts.

Again, despite the outrage of many fans of the band, I've have to say that those 14 songs released in november 2008, were the same 14 songs that they were working on in february 2006 (yes, some of them were instrumental tunes at the time). Every other song was somwehat unfinished and some of them has no lyrics at all. I know this information is difficult to digest but it is the truth. And I really love Axl Rose and his music. Please, don't be so rude.

Despite what is said in other forums, this last year (at my house) I have immersed myself in the history of the album. On those great leaks.

By chance, on top of my memory, some of those songs were only "half?" finished:

14 songs of the album (priority songs, only 14 songs to be worked since 2006; not counting Bumblefoot work).
"Oh My God" remake
"Going Down" from Tommy Stinson (I've never met him)
"Silkworms" (renamed)
"The General" (unfinished at the times, I've never heard it but it was instrumental as far as I know)
"Atlas Shrugged" (I really loved that 1999 leak; that was somewhat finished in feb 2006 but Caram... well, that was on the unfinished list, anyway.
"Jackie Chan" (never listened to it until the 2019 leaks. It was on the instrumental unfinished list).
"Cuban Skies", "Oklahoma" (instrumentals, on the unfinished list; I've read last year a user from here has wrote that "Cuban Skies" is about cigars and that but I've never listened the song, anyway. "Oklahoma" was about bombings or something like that but that was on the unfinished with no vocals list as well. Maybe Axl wanted a complete rewrite of those tunes. Maybe, that was why he renamed "Berlin" to that tune).
"Devious Bastard" (I've listened to that song, a Monti/Constanzo tune. It lasted around two minutes but it was better than the rough mixes version. It only has screams by Rose ala "Quick Song")
"Elvis" song (Never listened to it. I really loved "Me & My Elvis" in the 2019 leaks. It was on the list).

Add "Tonto" (instrumental in 2006, never finished) and two of those highly rumored songs ("Seven", "Thyme") and you have that "trilogy"... That's like less than 26 finished tracks since 1999 to 2008. After 2009, surely that "The General" and some other songs has been received new vocals or something like that. "Me & My Elvis", "Atlas Shrugged", "Jackie Chan" has vocals by 2006 but those were rejected for sure. Those were in that "B list material".

I'm going to say it again.

The best of the bunch, the capital songs, has been released in november 2008. I'm not trying to break any fantasy to those who love Axl Rose and his music. The best unreleased material from the "Chinese Democracy sessions" has been leaked in 2019.

I want to say hello to those who love this music. I've left that industry many years ago. I'm going to say it again: I am surprised by the diffusion that my post had. I'm hoping for new music by Axl.

My best wishes to Mr. Rose, Mr. Constanzo, Mrs. Lebeis and all that energetic fanbase. Love to you all

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … t-27642108

James

James wrote:

Atlas Shrugged" (I really loved that 1999 leak; that was somewhat finished in feb 2006 but Caram...

Yikes....Atlas has been Catchered, hasn't it?

If it has, I don't even want it on the album.

"Devious Bastard" (I've listened to that song, a Monti/Constanzo tune. It lasted around two minutes but it was better than the rough mixes version. It only has screams by Rose ala "Quick Song")

Interesting....he really did try to turn it into a GNR song at some point.

By the end of 2006, when Monti finished to write the final music to some of the Bucket's tunes, there were only like 23/24 songs with complete vocals and really FINISHED.

CD should've been a double.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The guy notes he didn’t hear Elvis, Oklahoma, or Zodiac and those were the three most compelling instrumentals.

I think The General sounds interesting and Seven is a curiosity. While the post is sufficiently demotivating, Beltrami is a voice worth trusting and he said those two add Elvis were worthy.

So we’re back to the Ezrin principle: three (maybe) good songs.

Let’s hope an album is forthcoming and we can find out for ourselves.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

Who wrote That? Could be partly true, but some things don‘t add up. The general has vocals and where is perhaps? calling those songs B Material is subjective to say the least. I prefer silkworms, perhaps, hardschool and atlas to, let‘s say, scraped.

Board footer