You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

polluxlm wrote:

I can't believe so many of those songs are considered b-list. Some of those instrumentals are among the best things ever done under the GN'R name. I count 5 songs that could be high quality + hardschool which already is. Oklahoma a b-side? I don't think so. Seems rather Axl was saving the really big songs for a later release. Didn't he say Elvis was his favorite song from the material? Yet that and other big guns were not on CD. Why wouldn't they be if you want it to be a success?

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Wasn’t The General an A list track??? Also how didn’t Jackie Chan have vocals in 2006 and was on the instrumental list?? Seems fake. He is also just listening Village leak songs, any of us could have done this, and at least we’ll know Jackie Chan had vocals by 2006

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

In my book, there’s a solid half of an album and a lot of question marks, the biggest one of all is if Axl penned quality lyrics.

If anything, GNR would release a very good but mortal album where different people like different things.

In addition to if he’s fake, it’d be funny if he were a plant to lower expectations.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

He should rewrite Sorry and do a clean vocal on Madagascar and release those.

axl

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

I don't know where to ask this question but...

Do you think Gn'R is releasing:
1. Hard School and Absurd only
2. A full-length LP (New album)
3. Live CD with studio bonus tracks

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think... right now.... we're on the verge of getting Hard School and Absurd as a 'double A side'.

Since they barely missed Record Store Day with Absurd, they might wait until November to release it.

You never know with them though...it could show up in stores tomorrow with no promo.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Wagszilla wrote:

I don't know the profit margins for albums in today's world, but I'd guess a live performance is most likely.  We got the Vegas act on a Blu-Ray, and the Tokyo shows from 91?.  If a studio was mixing and an album was shipping to print, we'd know about it.  No one could keep that a secret and this forum would be flooded with copies of those tracks, just as we were in mid 2008 when CD shit started to leak from the album. 

If they sold 100k copies of a physical single with or without Hard Skool attached to Absurd, I'd be shocked.  Hell, my record collection and stereo is 6 feet behind me in my office, and 99% of the time I want to hear music, I say "Alexa".

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

If they do release an actual physical album it will be for the sake of it, cred or whatever, not the money. That will be made indirectly on the tour.

They have a certain image to cultivate so I wouldn't discount it.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I don't know the profit margins for albums in today's world, but I'd guess a live performance is most likely.  We got the Vegas act on a Blu-Ray, and the Tokyo shows from 91?.  If a studio was mixing and an album was shipping to print, we'd know about it.  No one could keep that a secret and this forum would be flooded with copies of those tracks, just as we were in mid 2008 when CD shit started to leak from the album. 

If they sold 100k copies of a physical single with or without Hard Skool attached to Absurd, I'd be shocked.  Hell, my record collection and stereo is 6 feet behind me in my office, and 99% of the time I want to hear music, I say "Alexa".

I'm not getting my hopes up for a new album, personally.

I don't know how much business sense it makes to release a live album near the end of your tour. But that's probably the most likely option. Everyone profits from whatever release rights on already-popular back catalogue songs, it can fold into their streaming catalogue, they can sell it for Christmas, and so on. It's Live Era but they can make money off of it.

Hidden Text:

Oldies band.

And no we wouldn't, re: album mixing, Axl and Caram do it wherever they need to. Axl's home studio, the road, wherever. No outside help necessary. I'm not going to say I know with a Capital-K where all the leaks came from but I do some of them and part of the reason for the leaks is about 100 people in and out the record company had the album in multiple and various iterations for YEARS. It's more surprising that more leaks didn't happen if you really think about it.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

They know a live album won't generate much interest at all. They could do it as a quick cash grab but I don't get the feeling that's what this is about. Absurd as a single does not point in the direction of easy profits.

Board footer