You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2003 killer footage of "The Project" pre Weiland

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, the chemistry of Matt, Duff, and Slash is undeniable.  Sorum is so good.. Great show. They even play Sympathy for the Devil!!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

It’s cool footage. But also I glimpse (massive assumption on my part) that they were fucked up. At least Duff and Slash. Something about their eyes.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Maybe Slash is, but hasn’t Duff been sober ever since nearly dying in 1994?

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

That’s his claim but pretty sure he admitted he relapsed with VR. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was around this time.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

That’s his claim but pretty sure he admitted he relapsed with VR. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was around this time.

Yeah, I’ve heard that too, but this footage is pre-VR.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Had had a brief flirtation with Xanax which started when it was given legally to help treat his anxiety issues he's had since a kid.

He said it was only for a about 2 weeks and then he got himself together again and resumed sobriety.

I think it was during the contraband tour, so officially he should be clean here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A two week flirtation with Xanax?

Who's he trying to kid....us or himself?!?

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

In the quotes I know (including his book), Duff said that he became addicted to Xanax in two week time (he was taking more and more, and after two weeks he ended up taking 22 pills a day), not that he recovered after two weeks. After about two months of that, he went to a doctor who gave him tapering-down drugs and he went on with those until the end of the Contraband tour. Then, after the tour ended he went to rehab for a month.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

A two week flirtation with Xanax?

Who's he trying to kid....us or himself?!?

It was dumb speculation on my part. I’m just saying, just because he said those were the dates doesn’t mean they actually were the dates. Maybe trying to live a decades old lie he told his wife… i know the drill.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

It's crazy to think the first actual VR song (Set me Free) came out 19 years ago.  Think about that. Velvet Revolver is essentially 2 decades old.

Board footer