You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Re: GN'R songs you don't like

So you are not much of a fan

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

axlroselocke1 wrote:

So you are not much of a fan

I was surprised too, but to each their own.  But if you dislike and skip half a band's catalogue......

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

AFD
You're Crazy
Anything Goes
Lies
Move to the city
UYI 1
LALD
Bad Apples
First 7 and a half mins of Coma
UYI 2
KOHD
GITR
Shotgun Blues
So Fine
DC Alt (just pointless to be on the album and the second verse transition to the chorus is awful)
My World (does this count as a song?)
TSI
The Duff songs and Buick
CD
Catcher (I love the village version though)
Scraped (I really like this one live but the album version is a mess)
TIL (good live in 2010 and the remix is good)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Appetite for Destruction

You're Crazy

Lies

Nice Boys

UYI I

Right Next Door to Hell
Live and Let Die (no balls, unlike the live version)

UYI II

KOHD
Get in the Ring
Shotgun Blues
My World

CD

Ugh. Basically all of it. The album sounds horrible but obviously love a lot of the demos.

Scraped
Catcher in the Rye (noise pollution)
Prostitute

This I Love used to make this list but warmed up to it a bit.

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

It’s funny, up until CD came along, there was little to no GN’R songs I didn’t like in their discography, outside of maybe My World.

So all the more interesting to see people listing some songs they dislike, I’d even go as far as saying are even favourites of mine.

Only songs I can probably say I don’t like, are:
Scraped - Absolutely the worst song, I can’t stand it really.
Anything Goes - Though I don’t completely hate it, I just think it’s out of place on an album full of bangers.
Absurd - I want so much to like this song, the first new Axl/Slash original in 30 years, but I’m just not digging it.
My World - though I think still I like it more than Absurd…!

Hah I love Scraped. One of the best songs on CD. Just a good riff and a mouth watering solo.

The intro is awful and I can't stand the lyrics. A wannabe anthem for new GNR thats a swing and a miss.

In an alternate universe where the album comes out in 2001-02, it's probably a single.

-----

Cerulean...that's some next level trolling right there. Nice touch adding shit not even on their albums.

That was basically half the discography in your list. If I hate half a bands discography, they're not even close to being in my top 50...much less a favorite to the point of hanging out on a bands forum.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

James wrote:

Cerulean...that's some next level trolling right there. Nice touch adding shit not even on their albums.

That was basically half the discography in your list. If I hate half a bands discography, they're not even close to being in my top 50...much less a favorite to the point of hanging out on a bands forum.

Man, I'm a SUPER FAN of the "Chinese Democracy" era. Loving all the Rough Mixes albums to death and the countless demos around that album.

The Antiquiet (2004?) version of "Chinese Democracy" and "Rough Mixes #1" are some of my fav albums of all times. And I'm saying this as a songwriter myself.

Also, I really love almost every song on AFD. And I really love the demos sessions from 1986 from the AFD Super Deluxe Ed.

Love Axl Rose and his old band (1998 - 2006), that's the period I really love. 1986 - 1988 is great too.

I'm not a fan of "UYI epicness" and all that stuff.

This is it.

Board footer