You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Electricity bill

polluxlm wrote:

I read in the UK you have to pay 30 times what we currently pay in Scandinavia for electricity in peak hours. Last month I would have gotten a bill for over $ 10,000 just for keeping the lights on.

Not to worry though, our beloved government is opening a new cable to the UK next month so that we can share in these great prices too.

But how in God's name is this possible? Nobody outside of Downing Street can afford this. Are thousands of people going to freeze to death come winter?

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I read in the UK you have to pay 30 times what we currently pay in Scandinavia for electricity in peak hours. Last month I would have gotten a bill for over $ 10,000 just for keeping the lights on.

Sure hmm

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Sure hmm

That's 2020. We paid 1/6th of what we do now then. The average rate is now 5x and 30x in peak hours (we pay about 0,15 now).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I pay about $300 per month here in Ontario Canada

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Yea, during the summer months I pay about $340 a month to keep the home temp at 70/21 degrees. But outside of that it’s around $200 a month in the middle of the US.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Jesus Christ you are being robbed, and now we're next. Government banned gas and oil heating too so this will be great!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My electric bill fluctuates between 60 to 160 bucks...last summer it was almost 200.

It's just me though and all that ever runs is my fridge, AC and the TV or laptop.

Are some of you guys growing marijuana? 16

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
James wrote:

My electric bill fluctuates between 60 to 160 bucks...last summer it was almost 200.

It's just me though and all that ever runs is my fridge, AC and the TV or laptop.

We have seasons here you know! 14

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:

I used to.  Got really good at it and had a whole hydroponic setup with LEDs and a carbon scrubber.  My last grow I average about 2 dried ounces per plant - not bad for a grow in a 4x6 tent.  But PA legalized medicinal and I didn't want a felony if someone went through my trash, so I gave that up a couple years ago.  Hoping when they eventually go rec I can legally grow again.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

I used to.  Got really good at it and had a whole hydroponic setup with LEDs and a carbon scrubber.  My last grow I average about 2 dried ounces per plant - not bad for a grow in a 4x6 tent.  But PA legalized medicinal and I didn't want a felony if someone went through my trash, so I gave that up a couple years ago.  Hoping when they eventually go rec I can legally grow again.

Not enough light. You can easily do 5 in a 4x4.

Board footer