You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Axl Rose at his best

otto wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Can't believe I've never heard this before. The only time in the new millennium he aces this song. The scream is incredible and in some parts I'd say he even surpasses the studio recording in power.

Any recommendations from 2010 are welcome.

I've been saying this since 2002: Axl's issue is not with his voice but with his physical condition.
If he stood more (not completely still) and quit running on stage we'd getter better vocals live.
2016 on the chair is a good example, both on GNR and in ACDC.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Axl canta y ha cantado cuando le da la gana!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Axl (and Izzy) with the Stones doing 'Salt of the earth" is a good shout. Axl is immense.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Another one from the Dublin show. Somebody needs to give that bottle thrower a medal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbtNsmbH9GI

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I've spammed three threads with this, but fuck it. The rasp is back!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I've spammed three threads with this, but fuck it. The rasp is back!

I love it dude. Thanks for spamming.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

As far as best live vocal take, in my book nothing tops his cover of Rod Stewarts Sailing. if only there was a high quality recording of that...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

As far as best live vocal take, in my book nothing tops his cover of Rod Stewarts Sailing. if only there was a high quality recording of that...

It's really unfortunate that he didn't live in a studio and get a prolific hair up his ass in 2006 when he was on fire vocally.

Im not talking about finishing Chinese...I mean starting other projects and doing like Cornell where he records a bunch of covers.

imsorry wrote:

2006 was so good vocally and all what a missed opportunity, anyway.
Maybe some cd2 or 3 were recorded back then and at some decade got release hehehe

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Maybe this is obvious to a lot of people but I just realized Axl is always trying much harder when he is being televised. His longest Jungle opening screams were in Rio 01, VMA 02, RAR 06 and Coachella. Just listened to HOB2001 and he barely makes an effort. Ironically the rest of the song is much better when he doesn't blow his pipes on the first scream, and of course less running on that small stage. Vocals are actually the closest thing to an 80s sound he ever did in the new millennium I would say. Should definitely be released.

Board footer