You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: SMKC new single out 22nd October

bigbri wrote:

Slash is great to his fans, absolutely. I do hear some "new" things in his playing here, which is nice. I say new, but I haven't heard every solo song he's released or guest spot, so some of these riffs and tricks are pretty cool to me.

My issue always has been, he's gotta be the most talented guitarist on the planet who's never really taken a significant risk. Everything feels so safe and packaged and ready for the masses and designed to be a "hit."

Just fucking go into a studio and cut an instrumental album and drop it unannounced. I'd shit myself. I bet he could do an instrumental album that would rival Satriani or Bucket or Vai. Why doesn't he do it?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Anastasia and Watch This are still the best things I've heard from solo Slash. Anastasia is the best thing any ex-original Gunner did before the reunion, in my eyes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Anastasia and Watch This are still the best things I've heard from solo Slash. Anastasia is the best thing any ex-original Gunner did before the reunion, in my eyes.

Love both those songs and Anastasia from Mosh Cam in Sydney back in 2012 has 20 million views and is one of the greatest live Slash moments ever. That outro solo RIPS!!!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Slash is great to his fans, absolutely. I do hear some "new" things in his playing here, which is nice. I say new, but I haven't heard every solo song he's released or guest spot, so some of these riffs and tricks are pretty cool to me.

My issue always has been, he's gotta be the most talented guitarist on the planet who's never really taken a significant risk. Everything feels so safe and packaged and ready for the masses and designed to be a "hit."

Just fucking go into a studio and cut an instrumental album and drop it unannounced. I'd shit myself. I bet he could do an instrumental album that would rival Satriani or Bucket or Vai. Why doesn't he do it?

Would love an Instrumental album!

Have you checked out this album?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I have checked that. It's fun for what it is.

I shouldn't have shit all over the excitement of new Slash stuff. That was kind of a dick move by me.

The River Rising is a great rock song. I can't expect these guys to change the world anymore. Rock on!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Digging the new song.
The intro kinda reminds me of Wild Honey by the Beach Boys

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Good song. Chorus is very predictable but the verse riff honestly sounds influenced by Axl’s material. That lick and the Absurd lick go hand in hand.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Though the chorus is predictable I think Myles sounds great on it and even better he recorded that song while ill with Covid.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Wait that lick is Cannonball by The Breeders. Need James to back me up on that lol.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Wait that lick is Cannonball by The Breeders. Need James to back me up on that lol.

Absolutely.

There's probably just enough difference to prevent a lawsuit.

Cannonball curb stomps the shit out of this song.

Generic Rock with a terrible singer.

He wasted a hefty chunk of his career with this guy.

I wish he'd reunite the first Snakepit lineup for one more album.

Board footer