You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Slash: GNR has not written any new music, everything completed is CD 2

jimmythegent wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

Where can we read the press release? I couldn't find any mention of it hmm

jimmythegent wrote:

There was a press release? First I've heard of it...

Here:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 36#p340036

Completely missed that. It's amateur hour again - riddled with grammatical errors ffs...
"In 1991, the seven-time platinum Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II occupies the top two spots of the Billboard Top 200 upon release."

Sky Dog wrote:

Nobody cares…Gnr is closed for business until June unless they choose to release more outtakes. axl

cool

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Best part time job in the world.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Great to see some of you fine veteran fans still  talking to each other.
I think a Chinese Leftovers Album could be interesting.  Sure what else is there? I'll do my best to like Slashs new album with Myles too and who knows... we could have 2 hours of quality rock tunes to chow down on soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I was thinking this morning, that if they drop a song or two with some regularity, like if this happens again during next years tour, then another little morsel the year after or whatever.

That would be fun in it's own way. It would give us a reason to get involved each tour to hear the live versions of the new songs. And each time the song would be fresh.

In a way that would be more entertaining over the next decade than them dropping 15 songs now and then the new info in 9 years time is a live version of track 5 of the CD we got this week etc.

I mean i know most prefer the experience of a whole feast of new stuff at once, but given GNR seems to run on a 15-20 year retool time - at least this way we have something to do in the wait times.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I was thinking this morning, that if they drop a song or two with some regularity, like if this happens again during next years tour, then another little morsel the year after or whatever.

That would be fun in it's own way. It would give us a reason to get involved each tour to hear the live versions of the new songs. And each time the song would be fresh.

In a way that would be more entertaining over the next decade than them dropping 15 songs now and then the new info in 9 years time is a live version of track 5 of the CD we got this week etc.

I mean i know most prefer the experience of a whole feast of new stuff at once, but given GNR seems to run on a 15-20 year retool time - at least this way we have something to do in the wait times.

This is not meant to be a defense of the way they have handled releasing material, but I do remember when CD was released, the shine wore off quickly. Then it becomes “when’s the next album” and you end up torturing yourself waiting. Part of the problem was we had already heard the CD songs for a few years before release, but it would be the same with this album. It’s going to be stuff we’ve heard. So, I agree, Monkey, that it would be enjoyable if they introduce a “new” song or two every leg.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m fine with singles….it would be nice to get Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps. We know there are vocals and have actually heard them. Elvis and Oklahoma seem logical as well but we haven’t actually heard vocals so they remain technically instrumentals.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

I'll take an instrumental Elvis over songs Axl can't sing live roll

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl can still sing when he wants to. That's the thing. I would guess his voice isn't that much different than the CD recordings. We're just never going to get that voice live, at least consistently.

I just want to know if Axl has written any lyrics in the last decade. I don't think he has, at least up to and through the DJ/Bumble era.

Sky Dog wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

I'll take an instrumental Elvis over songs Axl can't sing live roll

Please explain….lol.

Board footer