You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Hard School Physical Release

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I just got an email saying I’ve been refunded $12 for the vinyl purchase with no explanation. Anyone else get this or know why?

Edit: NM. Management has heavily discounted the costs of physical media on the site. Wonder why

Did you order like straight away when they went up? The vinyl went up at like $25 or $30 (can't remember which) and then an hour later was changed to $18, so probably got put on the store with an incorrect price.

I just looked on the site and the price is the same that I paid and I only bought 3 hours after the page went up.

Yea, I bought it within an hour of the Facebook link. I think it was $29.99 when I bought it and I see it’s now $17.99

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I just got an email saying I’ve been refunded $12 for the vinyl purchase with no explanation. Anyone else get this or know why?

Edit: NM. Management has heavily discounted the costs of physical media on the site. Wonder why

Did you order like straight away when they went up? The vinyl went up at like $25 or $30 (can't remember which) and then an hour later was changed to $18, so probably got put on the store with an incorrect price.

I just looked on the site and the price is the same that I paid and I only bought 3 hours after the page went up.

Yea, I bought it within an hour of the Facebook link. I think it was $29.99 when I bought it and I see it’s now $17.99

Yeah, that's just them adjusting you down to the correct price after they put it up for an hour or two way too high.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Getting official releases of these songs after all these years feels like one of those wishes-come-true where the genie plays a trick on you.

Yes, we are at last at a point where the core three are willing to add ChiDem-era outtakes to the discography - which we've all but prayed for - but these new musical performances are depressingly beneath the technical proficiency and imagination of the demos.

I wish Duff and Slash would say, "You know what, Axl? Release the remaining stuff you did with Pittman, Bucket, and company with our blessing. We'll play it live." Instead it seems like they're avoiding the original arrangements out of ego or - more likely - for some kind of copyright reasons.

I assume that if they use all new music they don't have to pay royalties to NuGNR. Anyone here able to confirm?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I suspect that to be the case. No Bucket, Robin or Tobias on the tracks means no dollars for them, unless of course they had a hand in penning the tracks. Totally agree with what you say in regards to the quality of Hard Skool compared to the demo. I make no bones about the fact that I love that period of Guns with Bucket and Brain in the band more so than any other. I only hope there’s another locker style leak, otherwise I sadly fear the tracks will never be heard

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Only thing better on the Hardschool demo was the drums. Otherwise Slash and Duff took those boring ass instrumentals and turned it into a song that sounds like GN’R.

Only thing I really don’t like is the mix, it should sound huge, but it sounds rather thin and overly compressed.

Where is Mike Clink when we need him?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I wish Duff and Slash would say, "You know what, Axl? Release the remaining stuff you did with Pittman, Bucket, and company with our blessing. We'll play it live." Instead it seems like they're avoiding the original arrangements out of ego or - more likely - for some kind of copyright reasons.

While we knew this was how it would probably play out....reheated Peking Duck disguised as a new reunion album...when you actually sit back and think about it, it blows your mind.

In my youth, I thought these three guys(and Izzy) were the most talented guys on the planet.

They were also fairly prolific in their original run.

Fast forward 30 years....

The reunion is about to surpass the length of the original run....and they're having to dig through the Chinese vault for songs and once picking whichever songs they/Axl likes, gotta remove layers of another lineups music to include your own and if that wasn't enough.... here's the cherry on top....

Gotta use those vocal takes. If you need some extra screams or some aaay aaay aaays, gotta keep digging through that vault for something suitable.

I try to imagine the other artists I'm into doing this...

Chris Cornell
Roger Waters
Lindsey Buckingham

It doesn't compute.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I'll take what I can get. Hell...I'm looking forward to it.

What's so fucked up about it is that it should've been so much more.

We should already be one album and several box sets into this shindig.

They're definitely doing it so they can make money off the album. If they didn't get any songwriting credits, they'd get pennies for appearing on the record.

I would've loved to be a fly on the wall during their conversations when the subject of "the second half of Chinese" came up.

I'd also love to jump in a time machine to the early 2000s and tell Slash and Duff that they will finish the follow up that the 2000-02 lineup has already finished.... just to see their reaction.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Shipping dates have changed, according to the GnR merch site.

Surprisingly for this band, all items are shipping earlier than originally scheduled, on January 28 (so it's a month earlier for the CD and six months earlier for the 7'' and the cassette).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Shipping dates have changed, according to the GnR merch site.

Surprisingly for this band, all items are shipping earlier than originally scheduled, on January 28 (so it's a month earlier for the CD and six months earlier for the 7'' and the cassette).

Holy shit.... that's amazing news.

It more than likely means something else is on tap(another single?) but they need this out of the way first.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I just got my email saying mine had been shipped.  Awesome!

SlashMcKagan
 Rep: 0 

SlashMcKagan wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I just got my email saying mine had been shipped.  Awesome!

Me too 21

Board footer