You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

ClaudeF wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Izzy screws everybody over. He bailed on GNR, Ju Ju Hounds and New York Dolls. His nickname should be Mr. Unreliable.

What happened with JuJu Hounds and the Dolls?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Izzy screws everybody over. He bailed on GNR, Ju Ju Hounds and New York Dolls. His nickname should be Mr. Unreliable.

Someone here will know better than me but wasn't there some situation where mid way through the process of a rehearsal or a recording session he was like "I need to go get some smokes, i'll be back in a bit" then just drove off into the sunset never to return to the band at all.

Or it could be an urban legend...but I think there was some story of that nature told from someone in one of his bands at one stage.

As far as GNR, I don't think he'd be interested in a long term long haul tour commitment. Look at how he was interested to write with VR but didn't wanna join and deal with the lifestyle. I could see him doing a handful of shows with GNR for a bit of fun at some stage...but I would be surprised if he decided it wanted to become a full time guy anymore.

I guess maybe if he needs a lot of money, but I think a handful of paydays for the buzz then continuing on his life of adventure is more his style than the grind of a 3 year tour with the same setlist in your old age.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Someone here will know better than me but wasn't there some situation where mid way through the process of a rehearsal or a recording session he was like "I need to go get some smokes, i'll be back in a bit" then just drove off into the sunset never to return to the band at all.

Or it could be an urban legend...but I think there was some story of that nature told from someone in one of his bands at one stage

Could totally see Izzy being the out for smokes leaving father. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Someone here will know better than me but wasn't there some situation where mid way through the process of a rehearsal or a recording session he was like "I need to go get some smokes, i'll be back in a bit" then just drove off into the sunset never to return to the band at all

I thought it was mid tour when he pulled that stunt and abandoned the band in some town?

Although my memory isn't what it used to be and I could be mixing up incidents.

As far as GNR, I don't think he'd be interested in a long term long haul tour commitment. Look at how he was interested to write with VR but didn't wanna join and deal with the lifestyle.

I could've swore that Izzy was 100% on board until Weiland came in and didn't want Izzy involved as it made it seem like he was just the lead singer of an alternate GNR...and they didn't "gel" or something like that.

Either way the mop flops...it was a mistake.

A supergroup consisting of the UYI lineup minus Axl releasing music in 2003-04 could've been amazing. Losing Izzy brought it down several notches.

Just the fact he was willing to get back in the ring was HUGE.

Someone should have taken advantage of it... whether it's Axl or those guys.

It's unfortunate that each time Izzy is a key player (91 and 2002-03), he is allowed to walk away without any fuss or resistance..

Little did he know that when it came time for the reunion shindig, these incidents would cause him to have zero leverage.

Fans always like to gloss over everything with the "Izzy is Joe Cool and doesn't care about fame, fortune, touring, yada yada yada" but he was clearly interested in being onboard with the reunion....

The main sign being a guy who never talks to fans or use the internet joined Twitter and aired the laundry as a last gasp attempt to be included.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I think Steven left his band in Europe mid tour.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I will say that Izzy's non-participation in a reunion killed the last chance for newly written GNR music. Not only could he have contributed musically, but he could have written new lyrics to new Slash songs, something Axl is uninspired to do. Not that I really care since I want CD II more than any completely new stuff, but I assume most fans disagree.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not too keen on new stuff either, Axl seems to be completely spent in that area and Slash is over the hill too. Not sure how much Izzy could contribute these days either, but obviously it would help. Perhaps he would be the exact catalyst they need. Esp. Axl.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I don't think Izzy would help Axl write at all but he could write the lyrics instead since Axl is unable or unwilling to do so anymore. People say Axl is also unwilling to record new vocals but he did record Rock The Rock a few years ago.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

If they actually tried to play it real and sit down in a room together the chemistry might spark something. Other than that I think Axl is done. He stopped caring and I don't see much that will change that at his age.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Man it's such a bummer that Ax has wasted the reunion years.

When the doubts creep in I guess it's hard to get out.

But, I hope he stops thinking of negatives and just focus on the present.

I really would like to see this band functional. I get Izzy is unreliable but, maybe bring him in for songwriting in a room. No expectations. It doesn't work out oh well move on.

Would be cool if Brain came back. Cause he ain't ever getting Freese again.

Board footer