You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: RIP Taylor Hawkins

metallex78 wrote:

Absolutely tragic news.

Taylor Hawkins, drummer for Foo Fighters, passed away at 50.

No other details about his death have been revealed, but this one hits me hard…

He’s someone I’ve never met, but who inspired me greatly with his absolutely phenomenal musical drumming skills, for the 20+ years that I’ve been a fan of the Foo Fighters. I even remember seeing him play drums for Alanis Morissette in 1996, and he was a beast on the drums then too.

The rock n roll world lost an amazing talent today.

RIP Taylor Hawkins. Gone way too soon. You’ll be missed.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Yeah, total shocker to wake up to this news today. He seemed such a nice dude, and of course was a beast of a drummer.

Good singer too, the video of him doing Queen’s Somebody to Love is great.

He will be missed. RIP Taylor.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just terrible. It’s like losing a friend

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

It sucks. In public he seemed like a happy, funny, lovable guy. But a rock star, no less. It appears the lifestyle caught up to him, and at the age of 50, knowing the outcome in retrospect, would any of us think it was worth it? I don’t think it’s a one-sided answer.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Also how the fuck are the AFD 5 all alive?

They need to do a one-off or residency type-thing at an LA venue. I still don’t think they need Izzy and Adler as part of the touring juggernaut but this is a death that puts things in perspective. Something has to happen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I was never much of a Foos fan. I have one Foos song on my computer now...

This Is A Call.

I really hated that Mentos song/video back in the day. Also hated their Baker Street cover...one of my all time favorite songs.

Having said that, I've always wanted to do a deep dive into their discography and give em another chance. They're obviously talented...it's just always sounded like generic rock to me.

That Bee Gees thing they did was kinda cool. When I saw that...I realized that is one of the things missing from GNR... having fun with a project like that.

What do you guys consider their best album? The debut?

I do feel for the guy. He had 10 drugs in his system. It's not easy being an addict... regardless of how much money or fame you have.

He was only a few years older than me. Yikes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Also how the fuck are the AFD 5 all alive?

They need to do a one-off or residency type-thing at an LA venue. I still don’t think they need Izzy and Adler as part of the touring juggernaut but this is a death that puts things in perspective. Something has to happen.

In the early years of the reunion, I predicted they'd end the shindig with farewell residencies in NY or Vegas.

Not nearly as confident in this eventually happening as I used to be.

For starters...the band is horrifically mismanaged. Second... there's no real interest in it in general...only hardvores care.

Even if it happened, they'd fuck it up. The band is incapable of properly handling album anniversaries, merch, etc.

I think they're just going to ride the gravy train til the wheels fall off. My only hope is a couple releases before it's over.

If/when it ends ... we'll get nothing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

This was sad, but first thing I thought was that he had a relapse

Board footer