You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The Wrestling thread

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just saw that. sad

I've been following the Monday night wars on YouTube, and right now the Outsiders are at their peak. Totally forgot how great he was on the mich (and behind the scenes, it was his idea to do Crow Sting). He made Flair look good, which wasn't easy the older and more limited Ric got.

He was fucking ace on the mike.   He also had this "cool aura" that's totally different from what Nash had.  There was an element of danger with his character, some street toughness that differentiated him from Nash.  Nash had that too cool for school, sarcastic kind of personalilty.
I'm still kinda irked that he never got one of those "transition" runs with a World Championship in either WWE or WCW (yeah, he had problems but whatever).   I forgot whom he was wrestling in WCW but that guy was trying to wiggle out of the Outsiders Edge and it was one of the funnier things I saw (or thought at  the time).  Oh he also sold the stone cold stunner like a champ in 2002.

For Lofton:  there's a razor ramon match from 92 or 1993 against Rick Martel (it was on Raw I think) for the IC title that is really good.  The two ladder matches with Michaels obviously.  I'd also add the Goldust feud in 1995.  The match itself sucked but the feud was freaking entertaining to me.  I'd also skip most of 95 for the WWF, they were running on fumes at that point.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is insane....

Under no circumstances should Flair be involved in any wrestling match. He's too old, out of shape, and unhealthy.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Loved how Rhonda Rousey celebrated winning by wishing everyone a happy Mother’s Day. After she just beat another mother.

Is everything just a public service announcement these days?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

If you ever wanted to checkmate me in trans stuff this would be how

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m-korean-peo … 07178.html

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We all saw this coming.

At some point someone needs to tell these people no.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

We all saw this coming.

At some point someone needs to tell these people no.

Oops that was for the current events thread.

James

James wrote:

Ridiculous...

https://starrcast.com/ric-flairs-last-match

It's completely unnecessary....Flair wrestling at his age and health is a huge risk. It will probably only be for a few minutes.

He originally wanted one final match with Steamboat...who wisely declined.

James

James wrote:

26 years ago today.....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just got to the formation of DX on the Monday night wars vlog on youtube. That was a really monumental show and the birth of the attitude era. Totally changed wrestling. Totally forgot how they brought up Hall and Nash and insinuated they were secrely aligned to take over wrestling, and not so subtly trashed Hogan.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just got to the formation of DX on the Monday night wars vlog on youtube. That was a really monumental show and the birth of the attitude era. Totally changed wrestling. Totally forgot how they brought up Hall and Nash and insinuated they were secrely aligned to take over wrestling, and not so subtly trashed Hogan.

I was listening to a Scott Hall interview he did a few years ago.  Apparently, they came really close to being fired, like around the time DX started or just afterwards.  Basically Hall and Nash were really pissed and went to find Bischoff I think (had something to do with Hogan I think/or money issues).  Anyway they go to his office and find it and trash it a little, Nash was really close to starting a fight there that would have most likely gotten them both fired and free to join DX.

Hall and Nash joining DX and Bret Hart being the "Greater Power" are two of my favorite what if storylines in wrestling.

Board footer