You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: A Song Of Ice And Fire

misterID wrote:

If any of you missed it, George gave an update on his blog:

Sometimes I do get the feeling that most of you reading my posts here care more about what is happening in Westeros than what is happening in the United States.

So let me assure you that, when not sweating out election returns or brooding over other real world problems, I have continued to work on THE WINDS OF WINTER.

No, sorry, still not done, but I do inch closer.   It is a big big book.   I try not to dwell on that too much.    I write a chapter at a time, a page at a time, a sentence at a time, a word at a time.   It is the only way.   And sometimes I rewrite.

Of late I have been spending a lot of time with the Lannisters.  Cersei and Tyrion in particular.   I’ve also paid a visit to Dorne, and dropped in to Oldtown a time or three.   In addition to turning out new chapters, I’ve been revising some old ones (some very old)… including, yes, some stuff I read at cons ages ago, or even posted online as samples.   I tweak stuff constantly, and sometimes go beyond tweaking, moving things around, combining chapters, breaking chapters in two, reordering stuff.

None of this is even remotely new.   It is how the first five books were written.

I was really on a roll back in June and July.   Progress has continued since then, but more slowly… I suffered a gut punch in early August that really had me down for a time, and another, for different reasons, in early September.   But I slogged on, and of late I am picking up steam again.

On other fronts… well, aside from Covd-19 slowing everything down, we are making great progress on the HBO prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGON.  Ryan and Miguel are in London, casting has begun, it is all looking very exciting.

I wish I could say that things are also going great on all the other television and film projects I am involved with, either as a producer or as the author of the original source material (i.e. novels and short stories).   I can’t.    Very little shooting is taking place, and almost nothing is being greenlit.  Of course, development continues… but there’s a reason they call it “development hell.”   Sigh.

So that’s where all that stands.   Or at least, that’s as much as I am allowed to tell you right now.

Hang in there, friends.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

It's never coming. If by some miracle it does, he'll waste the next few years fucking around with TV show scripts, more Fire and Blood and maybe even a dunk and egg story before starting on Dream of Spring.  He doesn't have another 10 years of life.

misterID

misterID wrote:

He dicked around a good six years of not really writing because of his new found celebrity, which he's admitted. Something will be released in a year, imo, because of his publisher. They forced him with ADWD and AFFC. Before he shut off the comments on his blog, he admitted they were beginning to push him to do the same with TWOW, but he was resisting. It's the whole reason he keeps giving projected release dates he doesn't meet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've pretty much given up on this and the 3rd volume of the patrick rothfuss kingkiller trilogy

misterID

misterID wrote:

So, George confirmed they’re making a GOT sequel with Jon Snow. Apparently new writers are involved and the scripts are ready to film the pilot. I think out of all the shows he has lined up this has the best chance to being made. Perhaps they can involve Val who was a million times more interesting than Dany.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I have no interest in any of the spin offs to include this one and House of The Dragon.  The way they ended Thrones was just abysmal and unforgivable.  Until Martin gets off his ass and finishes Winds (over 11 years now!), I'm not doing anything to support his love affair with fame in the moment at the expense of his legacy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Checkout tad Williams memory sorrow and thorn or Robert Jordan wheel of time if u want a fantasy fix

Board footer