You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Pantera to tour with Zakk Wylde and Charlie Benante

FlashFlood wrote:

News is out everywhere and made official today.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/its-offic … ng-members

As someone who loves what AIC has become, I don’t mind it. People want to hear these songs live with original members. People will go nuts about the name but I think the ship has sailed on general public caring. Introduce the music to new fans.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I agree. It's been almost 20 years. Life is allowed to move on. If Queen can do it, Pantera can do it.

But in a hypothetical scenario where somebody has to fill in for Axl? I'm not sure I'd be okay with that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Why did Vinnie hate Phil so badly? I remember Phil for years apologizing profusely, and saying he needed him back in his life

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think Phil spoke badly about him and Dime in several instances after Pantera split, some pretty nasty shit too. And then Dime got shot, and Vinnie held onto that anger for the things he’d said

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd rather have a new Down album and tour personally. This is just strange for me. Not fully on board. Should have happened as a tribute show to Dime while Vinnie was alive. Now it's just kinda weird.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Like some others....this type of thing doesn't bother me anymore.

As I've said before, the 20th century (and maybe life as we know it) is being wrapped up over the next 10+ years. If Pantera fans want to hear the songs live one last time before it's all over and the surviving members are willing to do it....go right ahead.

BLS-Pride wrote:

IShould have happened as a tribute show to Dime while Vinnie was alive. Now it's just kinda weird.

Yeah it should've happened a couple years or so after Dime's death. Grudges were held on for too long.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Having unfortunately never seen Pantera live, I’d welcome seeing this. Zakk would do Dime justice, and so would Charlie for Vinnie.

If this comes out to Australia, I’m going for sure

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Defo going. Hopefully Hellfest in France if they play or Download. At the end of the day Zakk is an awesome guitarist and I’m sure he’ll do Dimebag justice.

How Phil will knock out those vocals though…

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd rather have a new Down album and tour personally. This is just strange for me. Not fully on board. Should have happened as a tribute show to Dime while Vinnie was alive. Now it's just kinda weird.

My buddy wants to go if they come near, but something feels weird... I seem to remember Zakk slagging Phil and Rex, and quite frankly, I love Zakk, but he's a completely different player than Dime

Also I kind of feel I've moved on from Pantera, they have been hard for me to listen to since Dime was killed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Videos starting to show up

At 54 i gotta wonder how long Phil can sing like this

Board footer