You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

If he wants to troll Slash, Duff, and hardcore fans, he'll pull another Absurd and release OMG next.

That's my bet, and I wonder if it'll have the same vocal track from the End Of Days soundtrack..

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy said there were 22 other finished songs.

I’ll take Atlas as far as songs that we know have lyrics. I may commit suicide if they release OMG again!

When did he say that? I must have missed that interview.

Tommy quotes on the subject. Took awhile to find it....

Stinson says that there's "a bunch" of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded -- "some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not" -- in addition to 22 songs recorded during the "Chinese Democracy" process that were not included on the album

"There's some stuff with lyrics, some without," he says. "We did a lot of stuff that was supposed to be on Chinese Democracy – the record was meant to be more than one disc, but after spending so much time on it we just had to put an end to it.

There's also stuff that was held over from the original lineup] before they all disbanded, so there's some stuff that should someday see the light of day."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, this is so frustrating and has been for 20 damn years.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James wrote:
Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy said there were 22 other finished songs.

I’ll take Atlas as far as songs that we know have lyrics. I may commit suicide if they release OMG again!

When did he say that? I must have missed that interview.

Tommy quotes on the subject. Took awhile to find it....

Stinson says that there's "a bunch" of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded -- "some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not" -- in addition to 22 songs recorded during the "Chinese Democracy" process that were not included on the album

"There's some stuff with lyrics, some without," he says. "We did a lot of stuff that was supposed to be on Chinese Democracy – the record was meant to be more than one disc, but after spending so much time on it we just had to put an end to it.

There's also stuff that was held over from the original lineup] before they all disbanded, so there's some stuff that should someday see the light of day."

Thank you for finding it. I forgot all about it, but remember having read it a while ago.

So basically it's 22 finished songs that weren't on CD
+ a bunch of material that partially includes lyrics
+ original line-up leftovers

Let's hope they'll reconsider doing a box-set with all that stuff once the touring is completely over in 20 years...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Whatever’s released will be a cut & paste job. I don’t see why Caram gets blamed for this, btw. Under the circumstances, he did a good job recording CD. He wasn’t the one adding guitar after guitar. I’m not sure they’re even recording in a studio for the new stuff.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Whatever’s released will be a cut & paste job. I don’t see why Caram gets blamed for this, btw. Under the circumstances, he did a good job recording CD. He wasn’t the one adding guitar after guitar. I’m not sure they’re even recording in a studio for the new stuff.

CD was terribly mixed. Caram is a hack. He is terrible at his job. Out of all the versions of these songs we have, his versions are by far the worst.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

CD was terribly mixed. Caram is a hack. He is terrible at his job. Out of all the versions of these songs we have, his versions are by far the worst.

Bullshit, everything was approved by Axl. Axl was a part of everything on CD production wise. That’s how he wanted it to sound.

Sky Dog wrote:

9 They all fucked it up!

James, Thanks for finding those Tommy quotes.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

I think the bigger question is ....

"Will we ever hear the new single"

Slash claimed it would get released in June.
June came and went without a peep from the band, or any evidence that pointed to the band working on new music.

This type of situation has happened dozens of times with GNR.
And if the past is any indicator
.... It does not lead to new music.
Only silence,
and the following year the cycle repeats.

After release dates pass , things don't get delayed.
They get cancelled.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

We got the last 2 tracks at the point where the show and set had become extremely stale.

In the scheme of how many years they've been doing essentially the same thing they "only just" added these 2 new ones - so it would have been kinda too good to be true for them to drop another 2 at the very next tour.

My guess is it will happen and we will hear them, but not until the current set is really badly due for a refresh again, so basically a leg or two as is, and then drip feed us another new track like in a year or something.

Mind you i'd love to be wrong and they drop a single soon, then an album for xmas....but either way I think we'll eventually hear it....it's just kinda like things happen every few years with these guys not every few months lol

Board footer