You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Anne Heche dead at 53

James wrote:

Man...this is a fucked up story.

I'm sure you guys have seen this in the news cycle this week. Did anyone see that interview with the wig store owner who talked to her and took a selfie with her 20 minutes before the crash?

He said everything was peachy keen....no sign of intoxication. Yes she obviously had cocaine and fentanyl in her system but I don't think that factored into the crash. An addict can have loads of drugs in their system and drive like everyone else.

I think she had another one of her psychotic breaks and this time luck wasn't on her side.

Her brother died in a car crash as a teenager...and she always claimed it was probably suicide. Maybe...or a psychotic break.

I really liked her in the 90s... Walking and Talking, Donnie Brasco, and Wag the Dog. She started fading from my radar with the Ellen soap opera...not just because I loathe Ellen...or the lesbian thing...but because she obviously did it as a publicity stunt and to move up a notch or two in the industry.

She confirmed my suspicions years later when she admitted that Ellen is the only woman she's ever been with.

I'm gonna dive into her filmography this week and see if I missed any killer movies...and rewatch a few I already loved.

RIP

Also...

It's a fucking miracle she didn't kill anyone during the incident.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This could have been so much worse. That car was going like a missile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

They seemed to have downplayed her injuries in the news, sorry to hear RIP

James

James wrote:

After reading more about her and watching Six Days, Seven Nights...I found out she was about to get dropped from various projects(especially Six Days) after the Ellen fiasco and the only thing that saved her was Harrison Ford coming to her defense.

That's how close she came to being blacklisted. Instead she got the Sean Young treatment... although that likely came from her mental issues....getting phased out of most major roles and pushed into B movies.

It's a really fucked up industry.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

The entire period from the Ellen thing to the early 2000s to me is just weird.  I mean she was in her late 20s/early 30s so it's not like she was hitting the "midlife" roles where you can typecast as supporting characters, usually married ones. 

She was in a lot of successful movies + the psycho remake.  I'm not arguing she should have been given A list movie roles.  But  she got dumped into tv/dtv stuff pretty quickly for someone who was in the prime of her career.

Maybe the most logical explaination is the simplest:  her mental issues were a big hurdle.

James

James wrote:

I'm not arguing she should have been given A list movie roles

You could make a case for it though.

Technically...she was awfully close.  Co-starring with Robert Deniro and Dustin Hoffman in Wag the Dog and then co-starring with Ford in Six Days. In the middle of that gets the role of the iconic character in the Psycho remake....and of course Volcano and Donnie Brasco.

That's an impressive late 90s resume. Some of those roles are what A listers like Roberts and Bullock get.

Then it all goes to shit. She becomes tabloid fodder thanks to the Ellen relationship but then the quality of her films drop...a few exceptions here and there. I remember her in Denzel's movie John Q in the 2000s and the movie I watched last night, Gracie's Choice.

The rest looks like B movies to me.

Yeah it's a combination of the Ellen fiasco and mental illness. We know from Steve Martin that she was not opposed to sleeping her way to the top. Watch Bowfinger....Heather Graham's character is based on Heche.

If the Ellen thing doesn't happen and she can somehow continue that momentum, her career turns out differently. Might not be better due to the mental issues....but different.

Hell...there's an alternate universe where her "lost weekend" which led to the Fresno breakdown ends in her death in 2000.

I really need to read her book.

I gotta watch Walking and Talking soon. That's the movie that put her on my radar.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

Did you guys see the footage of her unzipping her body bag and trying to climb out of it?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah it's a combination of the Ellen fiasco and mental illness. We know from Steve Martin that she was not opposed to sleeping her way to the top. Watch Bowfinger....Heather Graham's character is based on Heche.

If the Ellen thing doesn't happen and she can somehow continue that momentum, her career turns out differently. Might not be better due to the mental issues....but different.

The sleeping her way to the top is kind of Hollywood hypocrisy at it's best.  It's been done before Anne Heche and after Anne Heche.  It's like a dirty open secret in Hollywood.

It might be the Ellen thing.  After you come out, there's only so many different type of roles you can think.  I think if she doesn't do that she probably has a "normal" career where she has a few more top notch roles before moving down the food chain.  Anyway you mentioned Moore in another thread, I had to look it up, I'd forgotten some of her 90s bombs.  I think she's kind of forgotten now and well more famous for being Bruce Willis' ex wife.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Triple H wrote:

Did you guys see the footage of her unzipping her body bag and trying to climb out of it?

[/embed]

Modern cars can be hijacked electronically and set to max speed and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

But I don't know why they would want to kill Anne Heche.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:
Triple H wrote:

[/embed]

Modern cars can be hijacked electronically and set to max speed and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

But I don't know why they would want to kill Anne Heche.

Was her car electric? Self driving?  I wasn't aware mini coopers have that capacity.  The fire seems to indicate an internal combustion engine as a battery shouldn't have resulted in any fire.

Board footer