You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: NFL 2022/23 season

faldor wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

It's going to be weird with Amazon having Thursday night games. I keep seeing ads for it. I always thought games should be broadcast on regular tv like the old days and now we're skipping cable tv and headed straight for the internet/apps.

This is probably the future of sports.

Without a doubt. If the NFL can cut out the middlemen, they get all the ad revenue. Which means the games will become even longer due to increased commercial breaks. I understand the players appreciate them at times for breaks, but it truly is the greatest example of corporate profit at the cost of a sport. It’s one of the main reasons the sport hasn’t taken off in Europe.

I was shocked that both Green Bay and Cincinnati lost. Vikings aren’t bad, but Pittsburgh lacks any real offensive threat. 5 turnovers and they finish regulation with 20 points?

KC and Buffalo looked the best this week. Top contenders in the AFC for sure.

I’m so happy Watt isn’t out for the season. Let’s hope my boys manage a win over NE Sunday. I’m rushing to the airport early to catch the game before we fly out for the week.

Pats and Steelers should be a rock fight. Neither team looked too impressive on offense, to be kind. I had this as the only Pats win in the first 4 weeks, but now I’m rethinking that. Pats lost pretty handily to a mediocre at best Dolphins team and the Steelers actually beat a good team.

Patriots still had the same issues they’ve had all summer with the offensive line missing blocks and assignments. And arguably their best WR, Kendrick Bourne was benched until late in the 4th quarter. He played two snaps on the day. On that 2nd snap he caught a 41 yard pass from Mac Jones. Whatever the man did, get over it! He’s too important to the team to sit on the bench the whole year. Regardless, I won’t believe they can work through their offensive issues until I actually see it. Steelers D played great against Burrow and the Bengals. So it scares me to think what they’re going to do to a NE offense that is a mess. All I can hope is that Watt is so important to the Pitt D and they’re lost without him. I think they have plenty of good players though and they’ll be just fine. I picked them up in one of my fantasy leagues, so I’m banking on it.

Big week 1 win for the Giants over the Titans. Gutsy call by first year coach Brian Dabol to go for two and the win. It paid off. Who knows what carryover effect that’ll have in the team, but they have to feel much better about their chances after the miserable season they had last year.

I was watching the score of the Bears vs 49ers and was wondering what the hell was going on. Seemed like San Francisco had control early and then the Bears just took over. I didn’t realize the game was played in a monsoon though. So it’s hard to take too much out of that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bears shit the bed.... another long and ugly season officially underway.

That Niners game was fucked up... starting QB out for the season....which will create a repeat of last seasons Garoppolo situation...keep him or trade him.

Do any of you guys have Sunday Ticket or anything similar to it? Even though I don't watch NFL as religiously as I used to, I'm not liking the selection of games on TV in my region.

James

James wrote:

Bears win an ugly one. It's really gonna be one of those seasons.

I was praying for the Bucs to beat the Packers. Bears need help so they can stumble backwards into the playoffs.

The final minute of the Bills-Dolphins was bat shit crazy.

When did the Eagles get so good??

I hate the Washington name change.  I'll never get used to it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Titans finally win vs the Raiders.  I think it's funny that McDaniels already has had a closed door meeting w/Mark Davis.  He's still got years to go there but Gruden did him no favors with the crappy drafting.  Raiders look like that one team that will lose a shit ton of close games for whatever reason.  The red zone offense for the Raiders did them in.

Shocked MIA won.  Buffalo dominated them on everything but the scoreboard.

PHI has won against some bad teams.  And yeah WSH will always be the Redskins to me.  I always refer to them as the Redskins.

49ers look like the same club.  Jimmy G is still a problem.  No way they should have lost with that defensive effort.  AFC west seems overrated with only the Chiefs looking good.  And even they lost.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Scary injury for Tua last night. Initially I didn’t think the hit looked that bad, and I don’t thing it was dirty, but he went down with a good amount of force. The obvious question that’s being investigated is if he should’ve been cleared to play in the first place after it looked like he was possibly concussed just 4 days earlier. Now 2 possible concussions in a week, not good! It was god damn scary to see his fingers pointing in all different directions as he laid motionless on the field. Hope he recovers quickly and is alright going forward. I assume he won’t be playing again for quite some time. Do the right thing, this time. Just hope it isn’t too late and this doesn’t have serious ramifications on his career/life. Hopefully this is all just an overreaction, but it was an ugly scene in the moment for sure.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Anybody going to step to the Flood in fantasy this year? YAWN smile

faldor

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Anybody going to step to the Flood in fantasy this year? YAWN smile

Mercury Morris and the 72 Dolphins have the champagne on ice patiently waiting for your team to lose.  I just did a quick check.  You have the most points in the league and the least points against.  Not even challenged yet.

Neemo, if you read this, you're down a QB.  Might want to make a change there.  It's not too late.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

The Thursday night games are total trash at this point.  The Bears suck and may need to find another qb again.  Fields missed open guys and it had nothing to do with the OL or WR quality (they did drop passes though).

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The Thursday night games are total trash at this point.  The Bears suck and may need to find another qb again.  Fields missed open guys and it had nothing to do with the OL or WR quality (they did drop passes though).

I still haven't watched an Amazon game. Even though this is the future of sports, I don't like it.. Games should be on regular TV as long as TV exists.

Yeah.... Bears are sinking fast. I don't even know what the answer is anymore. They were long overdue for a coaching change and  many thought that would fix things. Obviously it didn't.

Like with the Lions, it may be organizational rot from the top down.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I still haven't watched an Amazon game. Even though this is the future of sports, I don't like it.. Games should be on regular TV as long as TV exists.

Yeah.... Bears are sinking fast. I don't even know what the answer is anymore. They were long overdue for a coaching change and  many thought that would fix things. Obviously it didn't.

Like with the Lions, it may be organizational rot from the top down.

I prefer the tv experience to watching the game as well.

The problem w/the Bears is this: when they realized that Trubisky wasn't going to be the answer at qb, they should have flushed Pace and Nagy (GM and coach) and Trubisky all at the same time.  Instead, they bring back the failed coach and gm combo and let them draft a qb.

Now the new regieme is stuck with this bad qb while trying to rebuild with a qb they may or may not want.  Oh, it's been a while since CHI has had a decent OL, that seems to span multiple GM/Coach combos though.

The Lions are ahead of the Bears in the rebuilding game.

Board footer