You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fact they cut the new mixes is really unforgivable, imo. That was the least they could do. No demos? No TSI stuff? No documentary? No videos or making the videos? Come on…

Since Axl and TB do lurk here from time to time: before you start complaining we’re never happy, Axl & Beta & Fernando, we’re rooting for you. We want you to succeed. And when you’re putting a price tag this BIG on this stuff that you expect us to buy (we’re the target audience here) and for us just to be grateful for it, be prepared for some bitching when it’s lackluster.

Speaking of reading what we type here, Axl pretty much quotes me at one point talking about “to those that say I should reunite before someone dies” or to that effect that was something I used to post. I think that was the birth of the “Not in this lifetime” name for the tour. So I will take credit for that, haha.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’ve heard him say, “I read someone’s post…” in interviews. It’s not far fetched

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

If the band does read posts, then please, by all means, give us some clarity and have a conversation.

“ You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids/ While they be payin' their hard earned money to read about the bands they want to know about.”

Those days and many of those magazines are done. That was the promise of the Internet. Address us directly because you can.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had forgotten about this but someone mentioned it on the Hoffman forum...

We've already heard November Rain with an orchestra....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:

[/embed]

Looking at Axl with that chalice makes me think that he would have been a killer character on Game of Thrones.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

When filming the video, they've played with an actual orchestra led by Michael Kamen. Too bad we'll never get to hear it!

James

James wrote:

They're already discounting these sets and they haven't even been released yet.

Sales must be virtually non-existent.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

Who has it marked down?

I think I put about $100 in the band’s pocket for the Appetite box but can’t justify spending that much on this one. Had there been a real effort to document the studio recordings I wouldn’t be so resistant.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

[/embed]
Ah yes, the event where Kurt Cobain spat on the wrong piano.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

Who has it marked down?

I think I put about $100 in the band’s pocket for the Appetite box but can’t justify spending that much on this one. Had there been a real effort to document the studio recordings I wouldn’t be so resistant.

https://www.popmarket.com/guns-n-roses- … urce=zaius

https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod … oming+Soon

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=Use+yo … ion+deluxe

It's gonna need a bigger drop for me to ever consider it.

I'm real picky when it comes to deluxe edition/box sets. You have to offer amazing shit for me to pull the trigger.

The only sets I've bought the past decade...

Soundgarden

Superunknown
Echo of Miles

Fleetwood Mac

Rumours
Tango in the Night

Pink Floyd

The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here Immersion sets.

I also bought the Animals remix but I just got the basic CD.

I'm hoping that the Stones will release something amazing for Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge in the near future. Just like with GNR, I passed on their recent Steel Wheels release....which was just a bunch of live stuff in a box set.

At this late stage of my fandom for all these acts, it's the demos, alternate takes, and remixes that get my juices flowing. If they wanted to get me to pounce on live material, should've unloaded this stuff 15-20 years ago.

Only live disc that impressed me is Pink Floyd performing Dark Side in concert a year before its release.

I do want the Ritz video but I can wait. They make us wait for everything else....  tongue

Board footer