You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

Axl S wrote:

Y'know, doing 4-8 CD leftovers as small single drops and saving the rest of the CD vault for a CD box or as part of retirement/posthumous releases does make sense. Especially if they intend to actually write a new album.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Good news for the rest of the CD/Leaks.

I liked Absurd and Hardschool, so it's nice to think of another 4-6 of those kinda things being drip fed as we go.

As for a fresh album newly recorded. In theory it's a killer idea. But I have reservations...like:

1. What will Axl's voice be like?

2. Does slash have inspiration? Hopefully going for a GNR sound breaks up the way the last couple of Myles projects have dropped quality from the early ones.

3. What's the timeline on getting it done, given it's GNR, and given Axl would have to create stuff from scratch. I mean if they arn't going to even start till post 2023 tour...that's best case of starting writing/recording 2023-early 2024....it's hard to think that this is something that would show up before at least 2025 if not 2026 and given it's GNR maybe longer.

That said...the fact he was positive about doing a record and not like "it's GNR anything might happen man, who knows, it's guns the sky could impode, who can say" is actually super exciting itself. Suggests they have at least in principle discussed that as an idea.

In the meantime, roll on the drip feed, I just want State of Grace!!!!!!

1. Perfectly fine. In studio he can do multiple takes, he's rested and not running around on stage. Rock The Rock sounded perfectly good.

2. Yes. The riffs on his solo albums are great. Couple that with some Axl-penned lyrics and it'll be magic.

3. That's the big question, isn't it?

A newly-written and recorded album is all I've ever wanted from this band. It sounds like they're clearing out the Chinese leftovers from the archives before they move on.

Great!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Y'know, doing 4-8 CD leftovers as small single drops and saving the rest of the CD vault for a CD box or as part of retirement/posthumous releases does make sense. Especially if they intend to actually write a new album.

It also makes sense without an album. It's a way to nail the coffin shut on Chinese. Releasing the cream of the crop as an assortment of singles removes the Chinese stigma from it.

It also changes expectations... from the hardcore fan perspective. There's no longer a reason to expect "the second half of Chinese". It no longer exists.

I liked Absurd and Hardschool, so it's nice to think of another 4-6 of those kinda things being drip fed as we go

I would have no problem with a drip feed strategy....if they were consistent with the drip. It's not a bad way to unveil these tracks.

They should go all in with it. In the days leading up to each drip, have a countdown on the official sites. When it reaches zero, the song is unveiled.

I also wish they'd start promoting these songs. These single releases could be a bit bigger than they were last year.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

I'm really hoping we hear something that is completely new to us in terms of the title, music, and vocals. That would be a pleasant surprise.

Also just realised something about Slash's storytelling that makes no sense. He said they reworked all these songs during the COVID lockdown period... they were soundchecking Hard Skool before lockdown. We have the audio, we have the setlist photos. They also had OMG on the setlist in the 2018.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I'm really hoping we hear something that is completely new to us in terms of the title, music, and vocals. That would be a pleasant surprise.

Also just realised something about Slash's storytelling that makes no sense. He said they reworked all these songs during the COVID lockdown period... they were soundchecking Hard Skool before lockdown. We have the audio, we have the setlist photos. They also had OMG on the setlist in the 2018.

Not to mention confirmation Slash was recording at Axl's home studio in April 2019. He likely doesn't give much of a shit about this material.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Not to mention confirmation Slash was recording at Axl's home studio in April 2019. He likely doesn't give much of a shit about this material.

Haha imagine if one of the “epics” is a reworked OMG…

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I always forget how OMG is still in play. It's a possibility since they had some of the lyrics on the screen a couple years ago.

It would feel like a troll just like Absurd was.

I'm ok with it....I just hope it isn't next. Save that one as one of the last singles.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’d like to see what Richard and Slash can cook up. I think they mesh really well.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

I always forget how OMG is still in play. It's a possibility since they had some of the lyrics on the screen a couple years ago.

I'm ok with it....I just hope it isn't next. Save that one as one of the last singles.

They're still on screen when they play YCBM IIRC. It's weird.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

They're still on screen when they play YCBM IIRC. It's weird.

with the wrong lyrics lol

Board footer