You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

misterID wrote:

Honestly, whether it’s music or films you better get a physical copy of whatever you love because everything is going to change on digital.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

It does remind me of the george lucas situation where the technology of the 1997 Starwars is better - space ship compositing etc - but the creative choices may not be - Han shooting last etc.

It's a bit like that - the sound quality here is awesome, and the full orchestra is beautiful - but the mixing choices of which instruments to highlight at certain parts may not be.

Even though the new version sounds better in some ways, I actually think the outro section the creatives choices of the 1991 version are superior. I really wish they'd given us both. I guess we have the old version at least - but I would have liked a remaster of it as well.

This, exactly. I have no objection to the new version, it's perfectly good. I don't like the fact that it means a remixed/remastered version of the original track isn't included on the release. Why couldn't we have both?

SlashMcKagan
 Rep: 0 

SlashMcKagan wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You’re all crazy…just listen to your CD’s you bought in 1991 and be happy.

Who listens to CDs these days? It’s all about streaming.

I still listen to cds, I have my GN'R cds, because I like to have physical copies, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who still listens cds 21

Sky Dog wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You’re all crazy…just listen to your CD’s you bought in 1991 and be happy.

Who listens to CDs these days? It’s all about streaming.

But if you want to stream the new remastered UYI albums, November Rain won’t have the original remastered, it’ll have this new remixed version sitting in with the rest of the remastered tracks.

I’m with Monkey, I would rather have the original remastered and this new remix as a bonus.

Of course having both is better….anyhow, not losing sleep over it!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

TB couldn't have signed off on his behalf for that.

While this sounds logical, it's not necessarily true. We have no idea what type of arrangements Axl has with TB. These people are not typical managers... they're his family and the likely heirs to his estate.

Didn't they hire Ashba and conducted rehearsals with Axl not even involved in the process?

I read that message and he thanks GNR/management in general. If Axl had any involvement in the process, I'd imagine that statement would be a tad more personal.

I did laugh at the "huge cat out of the bag". Had to be top secret/Scooby Doo mystery...just like everything else. I bet it sucks the joy out of any project.

I’m with Monkey, I would rather have the original remastered and this new remix as a bonus

While I do understand the frustration, these albums have already been remastered before. Just buy those if you don't like the new November Rain.

Who listens to CDs these days? It’s all about streaming

I do.

I listen in the car sometimes although most of my CDs were ripped to my computer and laptop.

I don't really do streaming...other than listening/watching a few things on YouTube.

Although anyone who dislikes the shitty remasters can thank the lovers of streaming for a job well done because it's mastered like that for streamers and their headphones.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Honestly, whether it’s music or films you better get a physical copy of whatever you love because everything is going to change on digital.

Absolutely.

Movies and music can(will) be removed for a variety of reasons and maybe even have scenes removed.

The rise of cancel culture guarantees it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

My car doesn't even have a CD player...it's all Bluetooth and satellite radio

I don't mind the "new" version of NR, the way some of u are talking I expected it to be radically different lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’m not anti-CD, but some of you guys would have to be the only people on a music based message board I’ve ever encountered that don’t stream to listen to music.

To carry a huge stack of CDs with me to listen to my music with me wherever I go, is just inconvenient and kinda stupid when with Apple Music or Spotify I have thousands of songs easily accessible at my fingertips, all on my phone.

I also don’t know of a remastered set of UYI that was released prior to now? And especially not on streaming services.

So yeah, I think I’m in my right as a music consumer, to be a bit annoyed to not have the original November Rain available as a remastered track, as a option to listen to aside from the 2022 remix.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

But then again, this is GN’R, and they have a track record of fucking things up don’t they? 14

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Absolutely.

Movies and music can(will) be removed for a variety of reasons and maybe even have scenes removed.

The rise of cancel culture guarantees it.

NFTs, decentralized censorship-resistant file storage and digital ownership fix this.

Board footer