You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 10 Greatest Horror Films of all time elimination- Round 1

James wrote:

That was an interesting nomination process. First horror type poll where a Friday the 13th does not make the cut. Had it been 15 instead of 10, the first F13 would have made it.I'm shocked that a PG film (Poltergeist) made it when other films such as F13 part 2, The Burning, Alien,etc. did not. I'm also surprised Halloween 4 didn't make it. Good to see some love for Pet Semetary here. That film is always overlooked, even by hardcore horror fans and critics. Will be interesting to see how well it does here. Also, Saw is the only horror film from this decade to make the elimination.

Lets get things started.....

I have to vote off Poltergeist. No offense to those who chose it, but I was laughing as I was tallying these nominations. Its a family horror flick. Maybe everyone remembers being creeped out by the film as kids. I remember the only thing that tripped me out as a kid was when that dude starts ripping his face off. Its an ok flick, but doesn't really deserve a spot here(in my opinion).

The film had potential though. Had Spielberg let Tobe Hooper actually do his job, this film would have likely had a much darker vibe to it.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

I think Saw and Pet Sematary are the only bad movies on that list. They're really awful. Was tough to pick one, but I'll go with Saw, since that one is completely pointless and much more overrated than PS.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Poltergeist

I cant believe Friday the 13th didnt make it. Love those movies!

Even tho I really think Poltergiest is a great movie from this list, it has to go first.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i love pet semetery....the chicks sister freaks me out everytime...and when the little bastard slashs eddie munsters achilles.....ewwwww!

haha i vote off saw...i never bought into the hype

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Yeah I vote off Saw.  I can't be scared of any film where there's a puppet riding a tricycle for no good reason.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Poltergeist

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

SAW. I almost walked out when I saw it in the theater.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised by all the Saw hate. You guys must really hate american horror this decade, because its the best horror movie yet.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised by all the Saw hate. You guys must really hate american horror this decade, because its the best horror movie yet.

There are several Asian films that were far superior to Saw... A pity people don't like subtitles.

Board footer