You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

faldor wrote:

Late to the party here, but I echo the sentiments that the Ritz concert is awesome!  It really captures their essence during their ascent to stardom before things got completely bloated.  Don't get me wrong, I love it all.  But the difference is so apparent.  They were still one extremely cohesive unit.  Too bad Steven couldn't stick around, but Matt mixed in without skipping a beat.  I watched the show by myself and then put it on while playing with my 5 year old daughter.  My wife wasn't too thrilled with that when she got home.  I was responsible and turned the volume down or skipped over the profanities, at least I tried.  I haven't listened to much else though from the box set.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
faldor wrote:

Late to the party here, but I echo the sentiments that the Ritz concert is awesome!  It really captures their essence during their ascent to stardom before things got completely bloated.  Don't get me wrong, I love it all.  But the difference is so apparent.  They were still one extremely cohesive unit.  Too bad Steven couldn't stick around, but Matt mixed in without skipping a beat.  I watched the show by myself and then put it on while playing with my 5 year old daughter.  My wife wasn't too thrilled with that when she got home.  I was responsible and turned the volume down or skipped over the profanities, at least I tried.  I haven't listened to much else though from the box set.

My 8 year old loves metal. Slipknot fan. The deal with him I have is if he repeats a profanity at school or home the music is banned. To be fair it's worked pretty well!

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

The remasters sound good. Louder guitars and good mixes. Only some demos would have made it better.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bad ? so good

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the "remasters" sound exactly the same as originals to me. just generally louder mix, which is not necessarily a good thing
https://www.dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/196250

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
zombux wrote:

the "remasters" sound exactly the same as originals to me. just generally louder mix, which is not necessarily a good thing
https://www.dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/196250

Yeah it got really lukewarm reviews from the audiophiles.

It needed a remix.

Looks like the novelty of this release wore off.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am still listening to the shows….92 show is kick ass too…91 show is just savage

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am still listening to the shows….92 show is kick ass too…91 show is just savage

I stopped watching Ritz because I don't want to burn myself out on it. It was surreal being excited for 90s era GNR again....I hadn't been interested in it since the late 90s when I bought tons of bootlegs.

It was such a revelation hearing the songs as they were at that point before they've even finished recording the albums.

Never listened to the remasters...no point.

The Vegas audio didn't really float my boat.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
James wrote:

they sound exactly the same as the originals, literally no point of listening to them (well, there IS a point - the originals can be just replaced with "remasters" and keep listening as before).
new NR is kinda cool, I enjoyed listening to it.
Ritz is pure gold.
Vegas is nice.
Tokyo bonus tracks are nothing new.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:
zombux wrote:
James wrote:

they sound exactly the same as the originals, literally no point of listening to them (well, there IS a point - the originals can be just replaced with "remasters" and keep listening as before)

I disagree. I can tell a difference. The mix is louder, the split between the right and left speaker very noticeable. Slash on the right, Izzy on left. Although some cases it's all Slash. Little sounds or vocals are mixed to one side better. It's more about clarity, nuance and separation of guitars. Perhaps if I had a $2000 stereo I would notice more but in my car I notice a lot of improvement over the original.

Board footer