You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Metallica - Lux Aterna

James wrote:

I fully expect them to resume arena shows in 25 where they hit every major market.

I fully expect them to as well...on the farewell tour.  16

You make valid points of course...but there's something different about this upcoming tour. It's too limited in scope to be a normal, typical Metallica tour.

Some fans think they're not getting ready for a farewell jaunt but instead are switching gears due to age and this will become the way they tour now.

It's possible.

Either way...we need more information.

I really like the song now. It's definitely getting mixed reactions.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

I managed to get badass seats for two shows  for their upcoming tour. August 23 & 25........ 2024 lol9

I dig the new song. It's not their best ever but I like it.

Neemo wrote:

Wow....not even playing Toronto...and Pantera as an opening act?! Wtf is that about?

Now you know how the rest of Canada feels when you guys get shows and the rest of the country doesn't. Montreal ain't that far.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Not my take at all.  They're doing Stadium tours, something they haven't done on a mass scale since the early 90s with guns.  Any other stadium show has been a festival or a one off like they did in Pittsburgh, Buffalo and San Francisco recently.  Metallica already runs their own label so they've completely cut the industry out of their control.  Doing these big stadium shows around the country allows for the true fans the opportunity to travel several hours to somewhere and get 2 nights of kickass music.  Pittsburgh and Buffalo certainly didn't suffer attendance this summer despite being smaller markets because they pulled in fans from around the country (and probably globe).

I fully expect them to resume arena shows in 25 where they hit every major market.

They literally did a stadium tour in North America in 2017. They played all over the place. I saw them in Denver and had friends who went to Vancouver and Edmonton, all stadium shows. Volbeat / Gojira and Avenged Sevenfold opened for them.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Triple H wrote:

I managed to get badass seats for two shows  for their upcoming tour. August 23 & 25........ 2024 lol9

I dig the new song. It's not their best ever but I like it.

Neemo wrote:

Wow....not even playing Toronto...and Pantera as an opening act?! Wtf is that about?

Now you know how the rest of Canada feels when you guys get shows and the rest of the country doesn't. Montreal ain't that far.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Not my take at all.  They're doing Stadium tours, something they haven't done on a mass scale since the early 90s with guns.  Any other stadium show has been a festival or a one off like they did in Pittsburgh, Buffalo and San Francisco recently.  Metallica already runs their own label so they've completely cut the industry out of their control.  Doing these big stadium shows around the country allows for the true fans the opportunity to travel several hours to somewhere and get 2 nights of kickass music.  Pittsburgh and Buffalo certainly didn't suffer attendance this summer despite being smaller markets because they pulled in fans from around the country (and probably globe).

They literally did a stadium tour in North America in 2017. They played all over the place. I saw them in Denver and had friends who went to Vancouver and Edmonton, all stadium shows. Volbeat / Gojira and Avenged Sevenfold opened for them.

You're right.  I went to Philly to see them and splurged on the VIP shit.  Never again lol.  Completely forgot that show when I wrote my post.  Still, excluding that, where they only did 25 cities, they usually do arena shows outside of festivals.  The fact that they're doing single digit stadium shows in 2022 and 2023 within North America leads me to believe they're going to resume arena shows to support the new album in 24.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You're right.  I went to Philly to see them and splurged on the VIP shit.  Never again lol.  Completely forgot that show when I wrote my post.  Still, excluding that, where they only did 25 cities, they usually do arena shows outside of festivals.  The fact that they're doing single digit stadium shows in 2022 and 2023 within North America leads me to believe they're going to resume arena shows to support the new album in 24.

I did the VIP thing too for Denver and I thought it was worth every penny. Got to skip the line up for GA, had early access to the entire stadium so we walked around in the upper decks and took pictures of the stage and empty stadium, got food and beer and a t-shirt and then early access to the floor which allowed us to have front row. I thought it was amazing. Saw them in Vegas a year later at T-Mobile arena and I will say I enjoyed the stadium show better.

James

James wrote:

They just did a concert for some benefit.

The set list is abysmal....

Fk78w7f_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:

They just did a concert for some benefit.

The set list is abysmal....

https://i.imgur.com/Fk78w7f_d.webp?maxw … ity=medium

You think so? Two brand new covers they’ve never performed before, as well as the debut performance of Lux Æterna.

Then add in some deeper album cuts alongside the radio and crowd favourites.

I think that’s a great setlist. While that’s not my pick of songs, they’re certainly keeping a large portion of their fan base, both casual and hardcores satisfied.

James

James wrote:

Lux the obvious highlight for sure.

New covers a surprise I suppose but that is seriously lacking.

In fairness to them, they have a hefty discography and there's no way to please everyone... especially when doing shows like this.

If I paid for that show....I would be pissed.

They're not the only band with difficulty coming up with perfect set lists....Elton John and the Stones have talked about this before.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I really dig this

https://youtu.be/ZDyDpdFZHBo

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah that's pretty good.

It would be hard to criticize even if it sucked. They are clearly putting in the effort.

James

James wrote:

New song snippet....

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZePLxQM6KaE

Sounds killer.

Board footer