You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

polluxlm wrote:

I would make a law where bands aren't allowed to tour after 45 years of age. If a fireman becomes a liabiity and has to retire at 58, why is Axl allowed to perform as an alley cat? When you charge money for something you can't deliver, that is called fraud. At the very least there should be a disclaimer. "Product is past its sell date", "Some people may experience sinus irritation".

Also, if there isn't a new album out, every tour has to be named "Cash Grab Tour (insert band)".

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Ironically it's the 'casuals' who they've targeted who are now dropping as they've already seen them

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It kinda makes sense to me.

Like everyone watches the 100m during the olympics.

The following year only the real track fans are watching the races.

GNR is such an important band in the scheme of the 80s and 90s that them reuniting was a public event for casuals, but once that's done, they can go back to their lives and the audience will transition to a smaller group.

I hope they drop an EP sooner or later to renew things. But there is a risk they just transition to rarer tours and festival shows especially as they get older.

Sky Dog wrote:

10 Let’s be honest…GNR has become a Broadway show….a cabaret act. It is what it is….

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I would make a law where bands aren't allowed to tour after 45 years of age.

Can we exclude blues artists? big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:

Only thing they need to sell is a black classic logo tee. They rest of their stuff is shite.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Only thing they need to sell is a black classic logo tee. They rest of their stuff is shite.

I agree.

Just sell the original 5 AFD shirts available in 87-88....maybe add the Lies shirt as well.

I bet those would sell more than any of the crap they have available now.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

polluxlm wrote:

I would make a law where bands aren't allowed to tour after 45 years of age. If a fireman becomes a liabiity and has to retire at 58, why is Axl allowed to perform as an alley cat? When you charge money for something you can't deliver, that is called fraud. At the very least there should be a disclaimer. "Product is past its sell date", "Some people may experience sinus irritation".

Also, if there isn't a new album out, every tour has to be named "Cash Grab Tour (insert band)".

The Rolling Stones are still decent live.

And the thing is people will stop shelling out cash for this act. I rather see Mike Love’s touring Beach Boys than Guns.

Lana del Rey

Robert Plant

Gordon Lightfoot

Neil Young

And

Richard Ashcroft, are on my concert list. Fuck this band with its simpletons for management.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

And the thing is people will stop shelling out cash for this act.

Absolutely.

We've entered the diminishing returns stage of the reunion. They're lucky they even made it SEVEN YEARS at the level they did.

The wheels should've fell off by 2018.

If they continue to tour beyond 2023 nstead of going on hiatus for a few years....this shindig will be leaving stadiums and headed for arenas, amphitheaters, clubs, and the occasional NY/Vegas residencies.

They have no one but themselves to blame for the coming course correction.

They refuse to promote ANYTHING.... from their own shows to new songs to box sets.

There's zero fan engagement...in a social media world where your audience is a mere click away.

It would've taken very little effort to have improved in this department...even with incompetence coursing through the veins of management.

In the weeks leading up to the release of Absurd and Hard School, they could've easily created some buzz for themselves, interest in the tour, and excitement amongst fans by doing something simple that would've taken a grand total of two minutes....

Post some photographs on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit of Slash and/or Duff in the studio playing guitar/bass with a few simple lines....

Laying down the finishing touches on this cool little tune we'll be unveiling at the start of the tour. I just broke a string...isn't that absurd?!? #GNR #NotInThisLifetime #newsong

Fans would go ape shit. Speculation on which track it is would go into overdrive. Media would cover it as well.

Then fans of course find out the song is Absurd.

Finishing up a tune that goes waaaaay back #GNR

Hard School of course.

There's only one reason they won't even put in minimal effort for this stuff....they just don't give the tiniest of shits about it.

The hardcore base was abandoned in favor of hoovering up all that casual money out there. They could've embraced both like bands such as the Stones, Metallica, U2, etc....but they didn't.

The hardcore base....in need of something to justify their interest....goes balls deep into fan fiction...which led to things such as the Spotify fiasco. When the fiction inevitably rubs up against the harshness of reality....here comes the ever ready list of fan excuses as to why the album is delayed...which starts the cycle again.

I guarantee that the "album" that was briefly mentioned by TB TWO years ago wasn't an album...it was the Hard School "EP".

The reunion has lasted longer than the bands original run. They are a jukebox at this point...a jukebox that pushes merch that looks like it comes from bootleg sweatshops.

Best case scenario at this point is getting one song to coincide with the Euro tour.

Worst case scenario is "same as it ever was".

I doubt there's any middle ground.

But hey...look on the bright side...

They're F'n Back!!!!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

GN'R is the type of band where the former heroin dealer gets the fuck out of there because it is too stressful to be around Axl, Slash and Duff on a daily basis. A lot of selfishness and self indulgence. They may have quit the drugs but they haven't changed. And who can blame them? All the money is in the touring. As long as they are selling tickets there is no reason to do anything else.

We're lucky they're even talking about releasing material.

Board footer