You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chris Cornell - No One Sings Like You Anymore Vol. 1

James wrote:

Im hoping the songs were further along. We got conflicting reports on the albums status years ago. Kim would say it's moving along nicely but one of Cornell's final statements on the record was claiming they'd barely started.

My stance is the same as it was back then...I don't want Cornell solo songs turned into Soundgarden songs just to compile a final album.

Just use what the band was working on. I'd prefer a short album over a longer one where half(or more) is his solo material.

I'll buy it whatever it is....but I'm hoping they take it seriously now that it appears this may really happen.

It's unfortunate that the King Animal sessions didn't lead to more songs. It's like they stopped once coming up with enough songs for an album.....and I still say Halfway There is a Cornell solo song brought into the mix.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There’s no telling how much material he had. The dude wrote a song a day for a long time and there’s supposed to be a lot of demos

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:

Im hoping the songs were further along. We got conflicting reports on the albums status years ago. Kim would say it's moving along nicely but one of Cornell's final statements on the record was claiming they'd barely started.

My stance is the same as it was back then...I don't want Cornell solo songs turned into Soundgarden songs just to compile a final album.

Just use what the band was working on. I'd prefer a short album over a longer one where half(or more) is his solo material.

I'll buy it whatever it is....but I'm hoping they take it seriously now that it appears this may really happen.

It's unfortunate that the King Animal sessions didn't lead to more songs. It's like they stopped once coming up with enough songs for an album.....and I still say Halfway There is a Cornell solo song brought into the mix.

It’s encouraging there are co-writing credits on the 7 songs that have been listed. That seems to indicate Soundgarden collaborations as opposed to solo material. That said, I’ll take anything they produce . I feel the songs are in safe hands - they will be respectful to the integrity of Soundgarden and Cornell

Board footer