You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

gavgnr wrote:

Well I’ll be happier than a pig in bucket of shit if anything comes of this. I genuinely don’t think anything will though, but I retain a glimmer of hope that the planets could align.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I never knew hoarders had CD2.

Is there a confirmed track list?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I doubt it’s like, an official tracklist CD2 with artwork and shit. Just any finished track.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

It's interesting how the fan base seems to go through stages of not knowing that the second album has been in circulation since at least 2008.

In an alternate timeline that is a perfect world...it all comes out during the skwerl leak. In another timeline...it probably leaks around 2011-12.

The GNR hoarders circle is similar to the KISS hoarders circle. It's a small group of people and the circle only gets bigger when money changes hands.

Once in a blue moon, the planets align and the fan base is deemed worthy of hearing some songs.

It would take a lightning bolt from beyond for that album to leak.

GNR doesn't help anything by not releasing anything...the songs retain a certain level of value. On the other hand....leaks speed up releases.

A cosmic joke of a Catch 22.

Didn't one of the main hoarders die a couple years ago?

It's kinda funny(and sick) how they are as sick of CD II as hardcore fans are sick of CD. That's how long they've had it....it's just another album in their collection at this point. I bet most hoarders don't even listen to it anymore.

The really old leaks(the stuff you all have) go back to the early 2000s. That really steamed my bean when I first heard that many moons ago. It meant that amazing,  massive community of the mid 2000s on HTGTH and mygnr could have been listening to songs if someone had pulled the trigger.... instead it was all fan fiction and dissecting crappy bootlegs.

The community didn't get anything until one song in 2005(IRS).

CD2 is definitely out there in some form in various folks' hands. Some will have collections of different demos and others probably have the near final mastered 2010 version of the album.

Those leaks in 06 of Catcher and the older versions of TWAT and IRS. That same source was a six song disc/tape transfer that included Hard School, Atlas and Prostitute.

There's been folk in the community who have had those versions of Prostitute, Atlas and Hard School since that mid 00s period. Those versions have still never leaked although they apparently identical/very similar to what was on the 2019 leaks.

Like you say, most who have these tracks have had them for years and are likely bored of them. They've also all probably traded amongst each other for everything that is of value at this point so the only way these now move is for cash, and it's still hard to know who has what to even make those offers.

It would be great to hear any of this some day... But we're now entering the stage where some of these people are gonna start dying and this stuff will rot in their hard drives.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

It's interesting how the fan base seems to go through stages of not knowing that the second album has been in circulation since at least 2008.

When did this become a GNR forum meme?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WqzvCXA1VJ4/T … dpanda.jpg

Edit 2

I ask because I have forgot a hell of a lot more than I remember from those days. I was balls deep into a massive pill addiction.

Are there hints that CD2 is “out there” beyond Team Brazil and actually circulating?

I am not sure where The Legend of the Red Panda came from but it seemed to pop up around a Rock In Rio 2000 interview (with Beta, I think) that mentioned “PRL” as the title of a song or possibly album (PRL backwards being LRP [Legend of the Red Panda]).

There aren't hints. It is a simple fact that a couple dozen people (at least) have all the songs that the fan base refers to as CD II...and the main circle have had all those songs since 2007-08. A fact.

Yeah I know about the old obscure article about PRL....but that flew under the radar until 2019.

The Red Panda meme dates back to around 2009 I think. I'd like to know how it got thrown out there. Another hoarders game but they pulled the plug early but the shit posters ran with it anyways?

No way in hell did a shit poster conveniently luck into that term. Somebody greased the wheels somewhere.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Those leaks in 06 of Catcher and the older versions of TWAT and IRS. That same source was a six song disc/tape transfer that included Hard School, Atlas and Prostitute.

Do you guys remember the shit storm when that CITR clip leaked out in the open? It wasn't supposed to....the clip only existed to use as trade bait.

It took weeks for it to finally leak in full....and it was leaked begrudgingly.

Razz leaking the "checkmate" clip caused a massive shit storm.

These two leaks were showing that there was more material out there....and the lowly plebs weren't supposed to know that.

Look how long it took to finally get Checkmate/Hard School out in the open.

By the way....there was more than one disc.

That's what those two leaks were on the verge of exposing publicly....and had to be shut down.

Yes.... people are going to die with this stuff in their cold, dead hands.

In reality....the fan base is lucky to have gotten as much material as they have.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Lurked here for years on and off, seems like an interesting time to take the plunge and signup

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Lurked here for years on and off, seems like an interesting time to take the plunge and signup

I recognize your name from somewhere...I assume one of the handful of times I've checked mygnr or HTGTH the past few years.

Unless you're from the good old days.

Either way.... welcome to our insane asylum.

Not nearly as active as it was back in the day but the only one worth being on at this point IMO.  Too much shit posting on the few remaining GNR forums for my tastes.

Edit

Not trying to put down other forums...it's just not my thing anymore.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I recognize your name from somewhere...I assume one of the handful of times I've checked mygnr or HTGTH the past few years.

Unless you're from the good old days.

Either way.... welcome to our insane asylum.

Not nearly as active as it was back in the day but the only one worth being on at this point IMO.  Too much shit posting on the few remaining GNR forums for my tastes.

Edit

Not trying to put down other forums...it's just not my thing anymore.

Been around on and off since 2006 started with Newgnr.com although lurked for a few years before that. Never been on HTGTH so must of been mygnr. None of them are as active as they were back in the day tbf, although like you say people sadly are passing away like Brodie.
God even the concept of a proboards forum is old school now i guess

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Good news if true. Where did you hear this, and are there any details?

Just chatter right now. It amazes me the hoarders still have such a hold on those recordings

This is a ray of hope because God knows the band isn’t giving us any.

Are you hearing only about the two songs or hints of more?

I’ve known from way back that all the songs are out there, and some of the people who had them weren’t even fans. Trying to get CD II rn.

Board footer