You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Just let em push tacky shirts and scented candles to the casuals until they run out of road.

It's probably why they want Hard School out of the way....gotta make room for more shitty merch.

Problem here is that if they are bleeding casuals no one is buying that half assed merchandise.  All I can say is that Izzy lucked out when they got too greedy and left him out of the reunion.

I've never seen anyone wearing it... although rock shirts in general are not very popular anymore.

I used to wear tons of them....now I have a grand total of two.... neither are GNR.

If I ever wear a GNR shirt again.... doubtful....it would only be that Lies shirt from 88-89 that I loved back in the day.

IMG_1101_540x.jpg?v=1670965793

They don't even sell it. Doing so would prevent a hanger on from designing another piece of shit.

Yeah...Izzy would've lost his remaining integrity had he been involved in the swindle.

Edit

I forgot....

I still have the Hammerstein shirt DTJ bought for me at the show....I just don't wear it anymore.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

I will never go see them ever again.

I saw reunion 4 times.
Lucky enough to see the debut of Absurd last time.
But Ax's voice is just horrible,
no pyro, no more end of show fireworks, etc..

They are so bad now live.
Slosh with Top Hat & Wigged stapled to his head ?
It's embarrassing to even admit to being a fan of the band.

The constant lies about releasing music that never happens ,
Is just dumb.

Like someone said previously
If they would just be honest about not wanting to release new music ,
I might not dislike them as much as I do.

My fav band most of my life since 87.
But the cash grab reunion has poisoned the well.

Couple more years will be another decade of mostly nothing.
(other than 7 minutes of music that was HS/Absurd single,
and even that was dragged down by the unliistenable & horrible sounding Live recordings they used make the two different EP's)

I can't remember the last time this band did anything good?

Fuck 'em
Lazy f'n' cunts

James

James wrote:

'It's embarrassing to even admit to being a fan of the band

Indeed.

Your post reminded me of something. Don't remember if I mentioned it here recently or it was a convo with my uncle....

For decades..... literally going back to junior high... everyone who knows me...from friends, family, flings, drug dealers, and all points in between....

When they'd see me...there's always a mention of GNR. Always.

Not anymore. I'm not even exactly sure when it stopped...but it did and I doubt they ever get mentioned again.

* Raises hand*

The only good thing they've done since I was in my youth is the Ritz video....and they buried the goddamn thing on an overpriced box set.

An A list manager like Azoff would've turned that into a monumental release.... theaters, Blu Ray-4k, and a deal with a streaming platform.

It would've also got an audio release simultaneously.

The rollout of that really highlighted how fucked up the current situation really is.

That was a release 30 years in the making....reduced to a popcorn fart.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Indeed.

Your post reminded me of something. Don't remember if I mentioned it here recently or it was a convo with my uncle....

For decades..... literally going back to junior high... everyone who knows me...from friends, family, flings, drug dealers, and all points in between....

Not anymore. I'm not even exactly sure when it stopped...but it did and I doubt they ever get mentioned again.

* Raises hand*

The only good thing they've done since I was in my youth is the Ritz video....and they buried the goddamn thing on an overpriced box set.

An A list manager like Azoff would've turned that into a monumental release.... theaters, Blu Ray-4k, and a deal with a streaming platform.

The rollout of that really highlighted how fucked up the current situation really is.

Any chance MTV owns the rights on that video?

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Indeed.

* Raises hand*

Any chance MTV owns the rights on that video?

I meant Ritz 91.

Now that you mention it....88 is long overdue for a release.

If there's an obstacle to an 88 release, they've got 87 in their back pocket.

It's amazing how they can just sit on this stuff and let it rot.

Horrible mismanagement.

For a band that lives in the past, they sure don't like properly documenting and releasing that past.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder where things go?

Do they do a big "farewell" tour like motley/kiss etc?

Do we eventually get more music at least from the Hardschool/Absurd re-record sessions if not anything newer?

Does it all just stop suddenly one day when someone dies or gets sick or they end it without a fanfare?

I still enjoy absurd/hardschool mixed into my playlists, so i'm kinda hopeful more comes out. At this stage I'm not expecting it to rock my world the way a GNR record in 1995 would have, but it would still have a roll in my life for sure.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

20 min of GnR - Sept , 1992 - Citrus Bowl has leaked on youtube.

the band may not release thing but fans and hoarders can

James

James wrote:

Just watched some of that. Not too shabby.

Unfortunately....92-93 GNR no longer floats my boat although I loved it at the time....and I spent thousands on all those overpriced bootlegs in the mid-late 90s.

Hell...I still haven't listened to the full Vegas show from the box set.

At this late stage of the game I'd prefer either summer 91 shows or the 89 stuff opening for the Stones.

That Stoned in LA bootleg was amazing.

Still... awesome for anyone who prefers that period.

Suggestion....

Download that before it's removed if you want it. It could get deleted at any time.

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder where things go?

Do they do a big "farewell" tour like motley/kiss etc?

Do we eventually get more music at least from the Hardschool/Absurd re-record sessions if not anything newer?

Does it all just stop suddenly one day when someone dies or gets sick or they end it without a fanfare?

Unfortunately....I'm going with option 3.

I think whatever they had that slightly resembled a plan regarding new music was permanently shit canned after Hardschool/Absurd and the UYI box didn't sell for shit.

A farewell tour would require more promo and effort so that's out of the question.

They're just going to fade away.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

Unfortunately....92-93 GNR no longer floats my boat although I loved it at the time....and I spent thousands on all those overpriced bootlegs in the mid-late 90s.

I blow hot and cold on the bloated excesses of Gilby-era GN'R, the horn sections, the costume changes during Civil War etc. I would love to see a proper release from those 1993 shows where Izzy briefly returned to the band, though.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

I blow hot and cold on the bloated excesses of Gilby-era GN'R, the horn sections, the costume changes during Civil War etc. I would love to see a proper release from those 1993 shows where Izzy briefly returned to the band, though.

Yes, that would be nice.

I remember the 3 minute clip from MTV Europe I still got somewhere.
And , ...did a longer video of that pro shot surface in recent years ,
or am I just imagining it?

So many GNR music & videos files 
I have everything that should have been the Box Sets,
on an old 120GB Drive,
way back from the days of the GNR Tracker.

Board footer