You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still think of Russ. A couple nights ago I checked mygnr to see what he was up to and it looks like he left there too. But he did apologize to gnrevo in his goodbye letter for how he left and feels really bad about it.

Every now and then.. usually late at night if I'm checking Evo before watching a movie or going to bed...I think about those days as well....

DTJ, Mikegiuliana, D, Acquiesce, KV, Dave, tylerdurden,  Axlin, Scarlett, Thorazine Shuffle, etc...

So many characters back in the day. It was an amazing community. I've said it for years...those communities back in the day deserved to hear all the Chinese material. Imagine the quality of discussion had everyone been able to experience and digest/dissecr that.

It's what makes me so sick over how it has been hoarded by a select few for going on 20 years.

I appreciate the mention. The wait is very much embedded in the history of my life. Never did I imagine that the excitement, speculation, never ending frustration and re-kindled hope that Axl would take that new group of players to the top of the music world would be but forgotten footnote for the average fan. But to me, it was a brilliant film not realized, a Tarantino script not finished, and a dream from which I’d rather not woken up.

Bucket back stage at MSG talking to Loder through his hand puppet, ducking Chris Rock….

Robin in full cyberpunk costume, bending every note like a carbon fiber hull crackling under titanic ocean pressures.

Tommy, the drunken general, sweating through his plaid suit….

Brain…precision….quirky, perfection.

Tobias then our Adrian Brody doppelgänger and his centrifugal guitar strap.

And Chris….loved the panty house mask and the   elastic keyboard stand.

I dream of waiting in LV for that NYE show. A peak at the man who wrote the soundtrack my teens and twenties.

Hammerstein, meeting with and waiting for my friends….Sal, Eva, Dave, mymichelle …everyone.

I never left that moment even though life continued and time passed. Always dreamed of being there in line, singing ‘im still alive’ three times on the floor….

Since….

I graduated and found the job I had always dreamed about but realized it wasn’t sustainable.
I’ve been through a terrible divorce since then. My older son doesn’t wish to speak to me. Assaulted by my second wife’s in laws as I held my 1 year old daughter, arrested by police uninterested in figuring out truth and lies. My career shattered. Cheating from my spouse. Holding on to my kids, insulating them from my second wife’s mental illness, wishing that someday my three kids know how much I sacrificed my life and career to protect them from these people’s alcoholism and bipolar disorder.

Through it all, I return to the days of the 99 demos, the waiting, the line into Vegas, meeting some of you for the first and only time…..I’ve never left. You and this music are my ballast. 

If oblivion is a return to the time of your life when you had the most hope, creative adrenaline fueling your internal engine, your view of the world, your love for others, then I hope to see you all again.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Great example of recency bias is the love for Scraped on the first few pages of this thread. Probably speaks to the thirst for real rock on the record even if the song doesn’t hold up after a few listens.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Never knew you back in the day, KV but I hope you are in a good place today and things continue to improve.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's some heavy shit, KV.

It's good to see you again. Glad you're alive.

I'm sure you remember all my addiction issues. I'm lucky to be alive at this point.

Sal, Eva, Dave, mymichelle …everyone

God I miss Eva. One of the greatest forum posters ever. Her complete break from the forums after her husband's death the biggest loss HTGTH ever had.

To those who don't know her....she was like the female sic with the bubbly personality of DTJ/Laura.

Hard to believe it's been 17 YEARS since talking to her. Jesus. Is she even alive?

Yeah...the saga will forever be a part of our lives. Hell...I followed it for more than half my life....I go back to the newsgroups of the late 90s.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Great example of recency bias is the love for Scraped on the first few pages of this thread. Probably speaks to the thirst for real rock on the record even if the song doesn’t hold up after a few listens.

Absolutely. The recency bias was strong for sure. Scraped is ass. The song that holds up the best over the last 15+ years in my opinion is Chinese Democracy. It's the most straight forward rock song and it hasn't aged nearly as poorly as the rest of the album. To this day though I still think the song that had the most potential was Prostitute, but like everything else on the album falls incredibly flat in it's attempt to be epic. That and the guitar solo is atrocious in relation to suiting the song.

killingvector

ClaudeF wrote:

Never knew you back in the day, KV but I hope you are in a good place today and things continue to improve.

To quote Sommerset at the end of Se7en:

I’ll be around.

If anyone here ever had to discover or re-discover their ‘self’ after the age of 40, I’ll buy you a drink for your perspective.

Right now, just letting the Universe flow through  me.

killingvector

James wrote:

That's some heavy shit, KV.

It's good to see you again. Glad you're alive.

I'm sure you remember all my addiction issues. I'm lucky to be alive at this point.

Sal, Eva, Dave, mymichelle …everyone

God I miss Eva. One of the greatest forum posters ever. Her complete break from the forums after her husband's death the biggest loss HTGTH ever had.

To those who don't know her....she was like the female sic with the bubbly personality of DTJ/Laura.

Hard to believe it's been 17 YEARS since talking to her. Jesus. Is she even alive?

Yeah...the saga will forever be a part of our lives. Hell...I followed it for more than half my life....I go back to the newsgroups of the late 90s.

I am so elated to hear that you are doing better. Survival, conquest, or stalemate. All victories, my friend. I won’t give up on my Guns friends. You are tattooed on my soul.

Eva. I lost touch with her after Hammerstein. She was close with Sal. I remember talking with her after her husband passed. Told her thet tragedy much like life is senseless:  there is no plan or direction or higher purpose at work. I supported her in her anger and a need to move forward because ‘life is’.

imsorry wrote:

ROV days was so cool big hug to yall nice memories
Cheers.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
imsorry wrote:

ROV days was so cool big hug to yall nice memories
Cheers.

Hey man...  Do you still host your live remasters anywhere anymore???  Your Boston 2002 sounded ace!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Some of us have been around since 2004...some of us even longer...yall we've been dealing with this nonsense over 20 years and have known each others screen names forever

I'm surprised that we never set up a fucking con or at the very least a teams call

Good to see you name in the forum again KV sad to hear of all the ahit u have gone thru

Board footer