You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:

Yeah...this is an obvious repeat of 2021.

At least one of the big dogs will finally be let loose. That alone makes this one of the biggest years in the band's and more specifically forum history.

We've been talking about The General since I was in my 20s. Now that I'm 48 and half deaf, I get to hear it. When we get Oklahoma I'll be in a wheelchair holding an oxygen mask...or dead.

Welcome Bacdi. I remember you from Gnfnr.

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

There's actually a rumor at Mygnr right now that MSL said The General is coming September 22. This has to be false, right? Has he even commented on GNR (besides the RS article) in years?

When the tour was first announced, I looked at the tour dates, looked at a calendar to see what the first few Fridays in August were, and predicted Perhaps would be released August 11. It was just a guess based on my assumption that 2 new songs would be released this year, and that their release pattern would be fairly similar to the 2021 releases.

Last night when it was revealed that my prediction ended up being correct, I was asked when I thought the 2nd single would be released. I guessed either 9/22 or 9/29, depending on how well the first single did. I didn't claim to know which song it would be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Good to see you MSL and congrats on the wrestling

James

James wrote:

Long time no see.

I was hoping that was more than a prediction. 16

I agree though...the timeline is logical. Let's just hope plans don't change. Fans have went long enough without hearing such a mythical track.

MisterID - Thank you so much. Appreciate it. Been a long time. Hope you've been well.

James - Perhaps on 8/11 was just a good guess. I don't really have any inside info anymore. I think Hard Skool released 7 weeks after Absurd, so whatever the second song is this year, I think 6-7 weeks after Perhaps is a good guess.

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Mike McGann wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

MisterID - Thank you so much. Appreciate it. Been a long time. Hope you've been well.

James - Perhaps on 8/11 was just a good guess. I don't really have any inside info anymore. I think Hard Skool released 7 weeks after Absurd, so whatever the second song is this year, I think 6-7 weeks after Perhaps is a good guess.

Hey there, MSL!
Biggest question of all, tho….
‘Dja watch SummerSlam??  ?

Splash

/Mike

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Hi MSL

There's a few signs the second one is The General. It's been spotted on a few setlists and Creative Works London who make the Big Screen videos have kind of hinted on Facebook about the song. There's at least a few signs it's The General and no signs that it's say Atlas for example

Hopefully we find out for sure soon

Shacklermyrye wrote:

There's a few signs the second one is The General. It's been spotted on a few setlists and Creative Works London who make the Big Screen videos have kind of hinted on Facebook about the song. There's at least a few signs it's The General and no signs that it's say Atlas for example

Hopefully we find out for sure soon

Would be shocked if they only release one song this year, so yeah I think we'll find out what the second song is next month. I've seen the hints that it's The General. I'm certainly hoping it's The General.

James

James wrote:

Insider or not...it's good to see you again. Haven't seen you in what, 7 or 8.years?

Where does the time go?

You've always been welcome...whether posting info, dropping leaks, or just shooting the shit.

James wrote:

Insider or not...it's good to see you again. Haven't seen you in what, 7 or 8.years?

Where does the time go

Yeah it's been a while. I never stopped being a GNR fanatic, I just haven't posted much on message boards. I still go to every tour and buy all of the CDs. I'm as excited for the 2023 tour and the release of more new music as I was as a kid waiting for UYI to come out.

Board footer