You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

And what does this have to do with the topic? Please

lol

This reminds me of Jarmo circa 2004-6...

Get back on topic!!!

He was strict on that shit for awhile.

If that forum design had the option of banning people from specific threads(some do now)...he woulda used it. Guaranteed.

Discussions naturally flowing in different directions never really bothered me...they usually come back around full circle... although this is coming from someone who can shoehorn Cornell into any discussion. smile

I agree. Who cares as long as there is activity on the forums? In between tours we can go 2 or 3 weeks without a single post, let alone topic, in the main GnR chat. And like James said, almost always gets back on topic anyway.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

And what does this have to do with the topic? Please

Sorry, was bored at work an no one else was commenting

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A big contributing factor for this reevaluation was a recent Rolling Stone article that talked about Perhaps being prematurely released on jukeboxes. Originally, the mod team saw this type of article as a violation of Rule 2, as it technically gave instructions as to how one could theoretically access the song before it had an official release

Stupidest shit I've read in a while. The jukeboxes are a legitimate mass market offical channel. Was it accidental? Sure. If they don't like it they can sue their label or manager or distribution agent or the jukebox company or whoever the fuck made the mistake. But lets not pretend it's any kind of underground darkweb cyber spy-shit crime going on here. People went into a bar, paid money, and got streamed a song that was on a paid service - all be it possibility due to an oversight of someone somewhere. Referring to this as "giving instructions" as if it's terrorism or something is retarded.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Stupidest shit I've read in a while. The jukeboxes are a legitimate mass market offical channel. Was it accidental? Sure. If they don't like it they can sue their label or manager or distribution agent or the jukebox company or whoever the fuck made the mistake. But lets not pretend it's any kind of underground darkweb cyber spy-shit crime going on here. People went into a bar, paid money, and got streamed a song that was on a paid service - all be it possibility due to an oversight of someone somewhere. Referring to this as "giving instructions" as if it's terrorism or something is retarded.

This.  This is just a song from a band who had it's heyday in the late 80s-early 90s.  They make it sound like the worst thing in the world that this thing got leaked.  Just comment on it if you want to and move on.  Even use humor and joke about it if you want.  They always make the wrong move/reaction when there are leaks.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's not even a leak when you think about it.

A leak is when someone working in the studio steals a disk and uploads it to the net, or when unfinished tracks never intended to be shown to end consumers are given to a producer turn up in rough form 20 years on in a storage locker.

This is listening to a finished commercial track for money paid to the appropriate sources, sold in a place of business in the usual manner. Only issue is they happened to release it a week earlier than they currently planned.

That's not a leak, it's a product going into partial release before it's planned wider release date due to an oversight.

In 31 hours or so it probably won't even matter.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I must say slash's new solo has grown on me.

I think it's one of those things where I was so fond of the old demo that it coloured my perception.

What can I say - perhaps I was wrong? 16 5

I also wanna say I really like this song. Sure in a way it's simple but there's something about Axl's lyrics that just resonates with me. Yet I see people unimpressed online and saying it's all B side.

I suppose they are right if you expect every song to be a SCOM mainstream hit, but to me all these Chinese songs like this and Oh My God and all the others...they are really artistically interesting. I deeply hope he continues on releasing them all.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Anyone may PM to me with the artwork i missed? No one has the finished track yet?

arry
 Rep: 0 

arry wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Anyone may PM to me with the artwork i missed? No one has the finished track yet?

Asking the same here... for what I know, it was only leaked a cellphone recording from the jukebox stuff

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What artwork?!?

You mean this...

Perhaps.jpg

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

James wrote:

What artwork?!?