You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:

She isn't properly utilized in the band...as Claude pointed out, she could easily help him out with vocals.

That’s kinda my point, why do you all want to hear her singing so much?

Because she's a singer...and she's in the band.

I'd also like to see her be allowed to write something for them but we all know they're unlikely to work on anything from scratch.

You must really hate bands with multiple singers. tongue

We’re not talking about that though. She’s already singing backing vocals which is fine.

But you guys are saying she should trade vocal lines with Axl, and that I don’t agree with. Keep Axl up front. Even Duff’s singing is kept to a minimum.

As for her bringing songwriting, why would you want that when you have Axl, Slash and Duff writing songs LOL

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Perhaps is up to 1.1 million views on YouTube. Not terrible. Hardschool stands at 4.1. Wonder if it will surpass.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

As for her bringing songwriting, why would you want that when you have Axl, Slash and Duff writing songs LOL

Good point. Why bother using anyone else's song ideas since they've written so many songs the past 7 years....

They haven't written a goddamn song together since I was 16 years old.

If Izzy, Duff, Tommy, etc can sing...she can sing too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Perhaps is up to 1.1 million views on YouTube. Not terrible. Hardschool stands at 4.1. Wonder if it will surpass.

A fourth of the way there on day 2.

I think it'll make it.

It definitely needs to hang around the charts for awhile though. If it starts nosediving quickly, it's time to move on to the next single.

Perhaps just charted. #29 at US rock radio. So technically, it's already a hit.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

Not bad. Heard it a few times. Hopefully they get some better rotation in my area.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don’t particularly care who Axl trades lyrics with. Duff would be my preference. Dizzy and Melissa are available. But someone needs — NEEDS — to give him the space within songs to catch his breath.

That takes away the struggles that lead to the Mickey voice and other understandable moments of human weakness.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

You clearly have a very liberal definition of hit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not that shitting in every thread isn’t way cool, but this is good news

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

You clearly have a very liberal definition of hit.

Most bands would kill top have a top 30 hit at radio.

And the song is just getting started. The radio campaign will likely last a few months. A good start is a good start. Let's see how fast it can crack the top 20 and then hopefully crack the top 10 like Hard Skool did.

Anything that cracks the top 40 is considered a hit. There are thousands of bands trying to get their song on the radio.

Board footer