You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

Any hoarders who wish to unload something on the down low ...send me a PM.

It has to be someone I've known over the years. Zero tolerance for trolls.

unlucky777
 Rep: 0 

unlucky777 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
unlucky777 wrote:

Never had The General.

Just being punny, friend.

Gotcha. I think Brasky started that rumor based on old trolling or bc of evader’s lyrics getting posted.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They become a curiosity though.

I mean it's interesting to listen to the original Silkworms, then the Bumblefoot version then the studio. Just like it's fun to hear the 3 or 4 other old versions of Shadow of Your Love or whatever. But in the end of the day no one really cares other than real hardcores like us, and even most of us only care as a mild novelty in between listening to the commercial stuff. Not going to be commanding huge sums of money.

Yup.  The value in the General (version the hoarders have) now is that is an unreleased GNR track.  Once the real thing gets released in October, the value of that thing plummets.  I'm not even sure the hardcores even want it that much.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They become a curiosity though.

I mean it's interesting to listen to the original Silkworms, then the Bumblefoot version then the studio. Just like it's fun to hear the 3 or 4 other old versions of Shadow of Your Love or whatever. But in the end of the day no one really cares other than real hardcores like us, and even most of us only care as a mild novelty in between listening to the commercial stuff. Not going to be commanding huge sums of money.

Yup.  The value in the General (version the hoarders have) now is that is an unreleased GNR track.  Once the real thing gets released in October, the value of that thing plummets.  I'm not even sure the hardcores even want it that much.

It'll be no different than Soundgarden and MIA demos. A fraction of a percent will still want it.

The only real value it will have is the one hoarding getting off on having something so few people have.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

https://youtu.be/AhpzX2ozpCE?si=goVsmBo0E2rEMu7-

I‘ve always wondered how this is supposed to fit with the rest of the Song..

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhpzX2ozpCE

Here is The General from a 2006 concert intro.

The 3:14 to 3:40 mark sounds cool.

James

James wrote:

That is some eerie music...but I bet most of it will be buried in the mix.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

That is some eerie music...but I bet most of it will be buried in the mix.

Almost certainly an intro or interlude they were experimenting with. I don’t think we get 3 minutes of THAT on the track. Look what they did to Hard Skool.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

It'll be no different than Soundgarden and MIA demos. A fraction of a percent will still want it.

The only real value it will have is the one hoarding getting off on having something so few people have.

I would pay to hear it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I can’t be bothered to play something that won’t play on my streaming service or when I ask Alexa to play something. I have most of the locker leaks and won’t listen to hard skool, absurd, perhaps and all the cd material because i have to deal with sketchy ads and shit. I’ll just wait until October at the latest to hear The General which will likely be streaming sooner.

Board footer